9. Stuck in reverse

''Naomi!'' I tried to open my eyes.
''Naomi!'' They were too heavy.

''Naomi!'' I looked around. ''Naomi watch out!''
Water hit my face hard and I hit the icy ground even harder.

''Hey! that wasn't fair Korra!'' I yelled at my avatar friend. ''Sorry Naomi. I didn't mean to hit you.'' She said as she helped me up.

I looked at her and smiled. ''I'm sure you're gonna beat all of the bad guys when you grow up!'' I said and jumped up in the air. ''Yeah! Let's do it again!'' She said with a whole new attitude.

It's only been a year since we discovered Korra was the avatar. I still remember the day. I've never seen her so happy.

''I can already see it. Korra the great Avatar, and Naomi the amazing waterbender, fighting all the crime in the world.'' we both laughed and fell down in the snow.

''You really think i'll be an amazing bender like you?'' I asked her.

''No.'' She said with a smile and I looked away.

''I know it.'' She assured me as she got up again with the biggest smile.

********************

3. pov 

''How is she?'' The young avatar asked as she walked in the room where Naomi was being healed.
''She's stable.'' Pema said, holding Naomi's hand.

Korra looked down at the bath tub, to see the unconscious Naomi. If she didn't know any better, she would think that she was sleeping. The healers had done everything they could to get her back to consciousness, but ever since she almost drowned the night of the big game, she hadn't even opened her eyes.

''I'm worried.'' Korra said. ''We all are.'' Pema added as Korra sat down besides her.
''The healers said it was like she was blocking herself from waking up. So it's all up to her if she ever does.'' Pema admitted and a big sigh left Korra.

''How is fighting the Equalists going?'' Pema asked, to find another topic. ''Difficult. We're still suspecting future industries for working with Amon, but we haven't found any proof yet.'' Korra said. ''I just hope we can save everyone. Save Naomi.'' She looked down at her again, wondering what was going on in her mind at the moment.

*******************

I was looking at the sky, in peace and quiet when iIheard a groan from Korra. ''Still no luck with the wave?'' I asked, still staring at the sky. ''No.'' She said annoyed and tried another time.

''Maybe you should try to relax a little?'' I asked with a smile.
''Yeah. And let everybody down? I promised I would be able to do this in the end of the week.'' she tried another time, just to fail. I laughed a little.

''It's not funny. You know how hard it is when everybody expects so much from you, but you feel like you can never be what they wan't?!'' I sighed and stood up when she said that.
''Yeah. I have a pretty good idea about how that feels.'' I said.

She sighed yet again. ''Sorry Naomi.''

It was so sad that she had to worry about that when she was only 9 years old. She should be allowed to have a lot of friends. Run around and have fun. But then again, at least she had her bending.

I was about to say it was okay and help her when some kids from the tribe started yelling at us.
''Hey! It's the avatar and her non-bender friend!'' They all laughed, like we were some sort of joke.
''How's it going with grandad and grandma?'' Another kid yelled.