13. When it Comes Down to an Ending - Part 1

As we were sneaking inside the Arena, I started thinking everything through.
Could we take down Amon, without anyone getting hurt?

Suddenly I felt an urge to go the opposite way of Korra and Mako.
I stopped up when the urge became a need. 
''Come on Naomi, we need to get ready.'' Korra said, stopping up to look at me.
''I think I need to go...'' I said almost in a whisper.

''Wait? What do you mean?'' Mako was just as confused as her.

It was like someone was calling out my name, telling me what to do. I needed to answer.
''Trust me on this one. I know you two can handle this situation.'' They almost didn't get to say anything before I was running the other way, down the halls. I send them an encouraging smile, before leaving them completely. I trusted them, and I knew Korra trusted me too. 

I kept walking, following this feeling I had.
I was scared of going crazy after everything that had happened, but I knew it was the right thing to do.

As I turned a corner, I heard two familiar voices.
''So he's going to take the airbending family's bending away?'' It was Katsu's voice.
I stopped in my tracks, listening.
''Yeah, they are all tied up and ready.'' His dad, the lieutenant, answered.
But Korra told me they got away?
''I'm going to the stage with Amon, you stay down here and make sure everything go as planned.''

The man walked right past me, and I walked towards Katsu slowly.
He was just standing there, in his own thoughts.
How could he just let it happen? The last airbenders? Everything...

Without even thinking I ran up to him and threw a punch at his face.
He took his mask off, and that traitors face I ones liked showed itself.
''What are you-'' I didn't let him finish his sentence as I kicked him in the stomach.
He almost fell to the floor but he catched himself.

''How could you just let him walk away!'' I yelled at him and tried yo punch him.
But this time he caught my fist.
''Naomi?'' He sounded sincere, almost hurt.
''You idiot'' I said and knocked him down to the ground.

''Naomi, let me talk to you!'' He tried, but I held him down to the floor with my foot against his chest.
''And tell more lies?'' I pressed harder.
''I never lied to you.'' He said, but it didn't help.

I took my mask off, so he could se the face of the person he had hurt the most.
''Yeah right... you were there for me, you were nice to me, you even kissed me! Making me believe in your little lie, only to get closer to the avatar!'' This time I kicked him in his face, and he groaned in pain.
I could feel the tears were threatening to spill, so I let go and turned around.

He slowly got up behind me, as I was walking away from him, from all of his lies.
He turned me around and pinned me to the wall.
I couldn't look at him, I didn't even fight back anymore. If he wanted to hurt me anymore, he would already have done that.

''Listen to me Naomi... I never meant to hurt you, or for any of this to happen.'' Another lie.
''You probably think I'm lying, but I'm not. My dad is a part of this and I promised I would make him proud. After I told my parents about you, they forced me to get closer to you. What I didn't know is that I would actually start falling for you.''
I looked at him, into his eyes. He looked like he was telling the truth...

''How do you think you got up from the water in the arena? How do you think you escaped the prison? It was all me. When you were gone for three weeks, I even came to see you one of the nights. I couldn't stand the thought of losing you Naomi.''

I couldn't believe it... after all this time, he actually did feel the same way. 
And he tried to help me, even though he was under pressure.
But it still didn't change the situation we were in.