7. The Fire Ferrets

It was a new day. I was watching the fire ferrets train again and it was just as the last few times. Amazing. They were fighting against each other and it was pretty intense. Suddenly they all fell on their butts and started laughing. I even laughed myself.

"It's been great having you in so many back to back practices Korra." Mako said after getting up on his feet again.

"Feels good to be back. Although Tarrlok isn't too happy about my leave of absence." Korra said.
After the night she met Amon she left the task force, and started training more with Mako and Bolin. It was nice seeing them work together and the tension seemed to be at it's lowest.

They huddled up and Mako started giving a pep talk, talking about the match they were playing later that night. They trained really hard for it and I hoped they would win.

"We're ready!" Bolin and Korra said in Union.

"Not quite" Asami walked in with their new uniforms. "You'll need this." Mako walked up to her and they started being cute together. Korra and Bolin made disgusted faces. I laughed at them.

"It's great that you and your dad is so supportive of the team." I said and gave her a smile. "Well of course, we wouldn't wanna see the fire ferrets go down without even fighting." She was so nice.

"Well teammates and fans, I'll see you before the match tonight. Asami and I have a lunch date." Mako and Asami left together.
Fans? Is that all I am to them?

Bolin started being all flirty with Korra, so I left the room. After a minute or two Korra ran out of the room and we left together.

*********

It was getting colder and it was snowing outside. "So, how's it going with the tall, dreamy firebender boy? You've been spending a lot of time together lately." Jinora asked Korra making me chuckle.

"Oooh, yeah! Tell us all about the magical romance!" Ikki said with as much energy as always.

"What? Listen to you two. I'm not interested in Mako or any romantic stuff. Besides, he's all into that prissy, beautiful elegant rich girl... But let's just pretend for a second that I am interested in him, what would I do." I laughed behind my hand, when Korra asked the two young girls for advice. I knew she liked him, no denying that. But I also knew that Bolin liked her... It was a mess.

"Ooooh! I just read a historical saga where the heroine fell in love with the enemy gernal son who's supposed to marry the princess. You should do what she did." Jinora said. Sometimes she surprised with how smart she was. Hopefully she would become wise too someday.

"Tell me!" Korra said with hope in her eyes. "She rode a dragon into battle and burned down the entire country. Then she jumped into a volcano. It was so romantic." She said as she clasped her hands together.

"Best. Idea. Ever." I said laughing. "No, no, no! The best way to win a boys heart is to brew a love potion of rainbows and sunsets that makes true lovers sprout wings and fly to a magical castle in the sky where they get married and eat clouds with spoons and use stars as ice cubes in their moonlight punch, forever and ever and ever!" Ikki said while spinning into the air and floating back down again.

"The volcano is starting to make more sense to me now." Korra said with sarcasm in her voice and I laughed again. Pema joined us laughing.

"Oh, hey Pema... Uh, how long where you standing there?" Korra asked a little nervous.

"Long enough. But trust me, I know what you're going through. Years ago I was in the exact same situation with Tenzin." Pema admitted and we were all surprised.