11. The Importance of Trust

I was about to go to Korra's room with some tea, when I saw Asami walking down the hall with a sad expression.
''I know that look.'' I said and stopped her.

She looked up at me and smiled.
''What do you mean?'' She asked, and I could easily sense what was wrong.

''You wanna talk about it?'' I asked her.
She looked down and continued.
''Remember how awesome you are Asami!'' I yelled as she walked further down the hallway.
I heard a little laugh which made me continue. She would be okay. I sensed how strong she was. 

I walked in to see Mako holding Korra's hand.
''Hey Casanova. How's she holding up?'' I asked in a weak whisper.
''I don't know.'' He said in a low voice.
''She's strong. She'll make it through.'' I placed a comforting hand on Makos shoulder.

He left the room after some time and I looked down at Korra.
''So avatar. You still thinking about that dream we had as children?'' I asked her and laughed as I put a hand on her shoulder.

I tensed up a bit when I felt her nerves. I closed my eyes, and tried to focus on her spirit and pain. I felt her slowly relaxing more and in a strange way it felt like I had helped her.

*******************

We were all siting around the dinner table, looking at Korra eating everything she could.
''Mmm. Mmm. The food tastes amazing, Pema. I'm finally starting to feel like myself again.'' She said with a smile, and I smiled at her. It was good to see her feel better.

''We're so thankful you're home safe.'' Pema said as Bolin and Asami took out the dishes.
''Korra, I realize you've been through a lot, but I need to know everything that happened'' So much for her getting better.

''Well, first off, Tarrlok isn't who he says he is. He's Yakone's son.'' She said, Tenzin and Lin looked surprised.
Yakone, where had i heard that name before?

''It all makes sense now. That's how Tarrlok was able to bloodbend us without a full moon.'' Lin said, and I finally remembered reading about Tarrlok's crazy and feared father.

''But how did you escape? And where's Tarrlok?''
''Amon captured him and took his bending.'' We were all surprised.
''What?'' Me and Tenzin said in union.

''Yeah, he showed up out of nowhere. He almost got me, too.''
I was happy he didn't. He would've taken her bending away, if possible, and nothing could've been worse than that.

''This is very disturbing news. Amon is becoming emboldened. Taking out a councilman, almost capturing the Avatar ... I fear Amon is entering his endgame.'' I was thinking the same thing as Tenzin.
Bolin, Korra, Mako and I all looked at each other with concerned looks.

********************

I was outside training my chi blocking and fighting when I head footsteps sneak up behind me.
I turned around and looked at my four teenage friends.
''Oh, hey there.'' I said, feeling the sweat on my forehead.

''Hey, we were looking for you.'' Korra said and walked closer.
''Looking for me?'' I asked surprised. ''Why?'' I looked at each of them.

''Through all of the chaos we never got to ask you if you're okay, and what actually happened.'' Bolin said, and I smiled because they were caring about me.
''Oh, me? I'm fine. No need to worry.'' I answered and turned around.

I thought they were about to go, when Korra spoke. ''You're lying. You tugged your hair behind your left ear which means you're hiding something.'' Korra said.
I sighed when she remembered my tell.

I turned around and looked at them with an innocent look.
''Is it that obvious?'' I asked and sat down, they all joined me.
''Even I could tell. And i've only known you for a couple of weeks. And you were unconscious for the most of them.'' Asami said and made me chuckle awkwardly.
''Now tell us.'' Mako said impatiently.