6. Got your back

Katsu and I was talking about water tripe food, when a crowd of journalists went crazy. Me and Katsu looked up at the stairs where Korra and Tarrlok were standing.

I stood up and walked closer to hear what was going on. "Avatar Korra, you witnessed Amon take away people's bendning firsthand. How serious a threat does he pose to the innocent citizens of Republic city?" One of the journalists asked.

Korra hesitated with her answer. "Ahem. I think he presents a real problem." I looked at Tarrlok and saw him smile smugly.
What's up with him?

They kept asking her about Amon, and I could see Korra was getting annoyed. "I'm not afraid of anybody! If the city needs me, then, I'll join Tarrlok's task force and help him fight Amon." She said to all of the journalist and the crowd.

Tarrlok walked back to Korra and put an arm around her shoulder. "There's your headline folks."
That sneaky bastard...

I looked up at Korra and saw the regret and fear in her eyes. I felt so bad for her. She was afraid of losing her bending, losing the title as the avatar. But she couldn't let republic city down. She was just a teenager, and she was put in a grown woman's place.

"Hey, are you okay?" I looked at my shoulder where a hand was placed. "Yeah, I just... I feel bad for her." I turned around to look up at Katsu.

"Why? She's the avatar, I'm sure she can handle it." He said and I got kinda surprised. I let it go and looked down. "I guess you're right."

"Hey Naomi!" I heard a familiar voice call my name, and I turned around to find out who it was.

"Hey Bolin, Mako and..." I looked at them as I said their names, and lastly my eyes fell upon a beautiful girl with luscious black hair. Her arm was linked with Mako's.
As I thoughy: This is not gonna end in a good way

"Asami, Asami Sato." She said with a sweet smile and we shook hands. "I'm glad to meet you Asami, I'm Naomi." I said smiling. She seemed nice.

"Wow you look good." I heard Bolin say, and I looked at him blushing a little. Katsu wrapped his arm around my waist and placed his hand on my hip. "Yes, she does." He said with a smile, which made me blush even more.

I almost forgot he was there. "Sorry this is Katsu. Katsu this is Mako and Bolin from the fire ferrets." I could feel his grip on my hip getting tighter.

We talked for a little before the gala ended. We left the gala and I couldn't stop thinking about Korra.

I stopped Korra from going to her room. "Korra?" She looked at me. "You know I'm here if you need to talk." I gave her a smile, so she knew it was true.

"Thanks, I'm here for you too." She smiled, and we both went to bed.

**********

I trained with Korra the next day. She was still teaching me about the elements and the movements she used when she was bending.

"So, how's it going with the airbending?" I asked her and she sighed. "The same. Nothing. No air, no nothing." She said frustrated and looked at the panels. "Even though your progress is slow, you are doing well as the avatar." I said to cheer her up.

"Yeah right. I can't even bend all of the elements yet. And don't even get me started on my spiritual side." She said even more frustrated.

"No, but even though you're not finished with your avatar training. You are going to fight Amon. I can see you're scared, and I understand why, but you're so strong." I said and felt like she really listened.

"Thanks for trying Naomi, but I doesn't change the fact that I'm gonna fight against Amon without ALL of the elements as a help." She walked away. I sighed and started training alone again.

Later Korra left with the task force. She did great on her first mission, and everybody was talking about it.

She was busy with the task force the next couple of days. And it ended up with her challenging Amon. I had to admit I didn't have a good feeling about it, but I supported her like any good friend would do.

"Korra, this is madness!" Tenzin yelled at Korra. She looked up at him from the boat she was standing in. "Don't try to stop me and don't follow me. I have to face Amon alone."

"This is all your fault!" Tenzin said to Tarrlok.
"Be careful Korra." Was the last thing I got to say before she was gone.
Tenzin and Tarrlok talked for a little.

I left and walked down to my room to write another letter to my mom. When I was done I walked out to the kitchen. "Hey Naomi, wanna help with the food?" Pema asked me. I nodded and started helping her.

"How are you settling in?" She asked me. "Just fine. Korra has been a really good friend to me. And I'm happy to be here with all of you." I answered her truthfully.

"We are glad to have you here. And how is Kya doing?" She asked me. "Fine, I've been receiving letters from her." We continued to talk while we were making the food.

We all ate together, but I couldn't stop worrying about Korra. It was already pretty late, and she wasn't back yet.

"You think Korra is okay?" I asked Tenzin helping with the cleaning. "I don't know, I hope she is." He said and I looked down at the floor.
"But no matter what happens, we need to have her back." He said.

Don't worry, I'll be here for her if she needs me.