4. What a Coincidence

I opened my eyes, as I heard a scream coming from Korra's room.
I stood up, it was early in the morning.
I should go check on Korra.

I walked to her room and opened her door. ''Korra, are you okay? I heard you scream." 
She looked up at me. ''No, just a nightmare, nothing bad''.

I could tell she was lying, but maybe she just wanted to figure it out by herself.
''Remember I'm here for you, if you wanna talk.'' I said and walked over to the door.

''Naomi?''
I turned around. ''Yes?''
''Thanks.'' She said and gave me a small but sincere smile.
I smiled back and walked out of her room.

It was early, but I couldn't sleep now.
So I went for a run.

*********

As I walked into the kitchen, I saw Pema.
''Oh, hey Naomi, could you do me a favor?'' She asked me, with a big smile on her face.
The kinda smile someone would give before asking a favor. 

''Of course, what is it?'' I asked while eating an apple.
''Could you go to the city for some groceries?''
''Just give me a list, then I'm out of here.'' I said smiling.

I ran to my room to put my normal clothes on, and set my hair like it always was set.
I got the list from Pema and left the island to help my dear aunt. 

I went to the city, and got the things Pema asked for.
Wow that took a long time. I better hurry home before they think something bad happened.

I ran a little and suddenly I burst into someone, and all of the groceries fell out of my paper bags.

''Oh I'm so sorry, I didn't see you and...'' I started picking all of the things up from the ground, when a hand reached mine.
I looked up and saw Katsu.

''Katsu?'' Now I was even more embarrassed.
I removed my hand, and he helped me with the groceries.

''It's okay, I wasn't watching were I was going either." He said and placed his hand on the back of his neck.
''Can I help you with the bags? They look heavy." And before I could do or say anything, he already had my paper bags in his strong arms.

''Thanks.'' I said as we were walking.
''You know it's the second time I've helped you now.'' He said chuckling.
''Yeah I know, but maybe I could do something for you in return?'' I said turning my head up to look at him

''Go on a date with me, tomorrow at seven.'' He almost demanded, still sounding a little nervous.
''I would love to, were do we meet?'' I asked him.
''Where do you live?''

We got to the docks, and I pointed at the Island.
''What about here?'' I asked
''Sounds good.'' he said smiling.

''See you tomorrow then.'' He gave me the paper bags back.
He ran away, the way he came from.
''See ya!'' I yelled over the streets, for him to hear.

I got back to Air Temple Island and gave Pema the groceries.
I walked to my room, and jumped into my bed.
I couldn't wait until tomorrow night.

*********

I woke up to hear Korra training outside.
Did I fall asleep?

I walked out to Korra.
''What are you doing so late out here?'' I asked her.
She turned around to look at me. ''I couldn't sleep, so I had to spent my time somehow.''

''And you have to wake me up because?'' I tried to make it sound funny, but she didn't get the joke.
''Oh sorry, it-'' I interrupted Korra.
''It's okay Korra, maybe you need to relax a little.'' I laid my hand on her shoulder.

The radio started acting weird, and make weird sounds.
''Good evening, my fellow Equalists. This is your leader, Amon. As you have heard, the Republic Council has voted to make me public enemy number one, proving once again that the bending oppressors of this city will stop at nothing to quash our revolution. But we cannot be stopped. Our numbers grow stronger by the day. You no longer have to live in fear'' Amon's speech ended.