14. When it comes down to an ending - part 2

Running and running.
I didn't mind it, unless it was because I had something to do.
I just had to oversleep!
Stupid head and stupid dreams.

I could see the flying bison, and Tenzin waiting for me.
''Sorry!'' I said as I stopped in front of him, out of breath.
He sighed. ''I could see Korra do this, but you?'' I looked up at him with an excusing look.
He chuckled. ''Let's go.''

As I was about to get up, I felt something strange.
That feeling from when we was saving the family from Amon.
I turned around and saw a figure down the bridge.

''Katsu.'' I whispered.
''Great, now that idiot wanna kidnap you again?'' I heard Bolin say.
''Sorry, I'll tell him to leave.''  I said walking down to him before anyone could say anything.

''What are you doing here?'' I asked not even looking a him.
''I came to say that I'm sorry...'' He whispered.
''That, and I wanted to tell you, you were right. Amon killed my dad after he found out he was a water bender. I feel so stupid, I shoul've-'' I interrupted him, giving him a hug.

The feeling he had. I knew it too well.
Alone, without a dad...
''Don't get me wrong, I still hate you.''
I could feel him loosen up and gave into the hug.

''I need to go now.'' I said letting go of him.
''I understand.''
I gave him a little smile and he returned it.
''I'll be here when you come back.''
I nodded before leaving

I got up on the bison.
Everybody was there. The airbending family, my friends even Lin.
Everyone was quiet as I sat down.
''You forgive and forget too easily kid.'' Lin said, knowning what had happened, after I told her.

I sighed. ''Says the one who has been holding a grudge on Tenzin and Pema for what now, 20 years?''
As if it wasn't quiet before, it was more now.
Jinora and I high-fived when Lin looked away.

''Anyway, who forgot to wake you?'' Asami asked me, as I sat down besides her.
I just smiled, a little embarrassed.
''What happened? Aren't you always the one who's up before sunrise?'' Bolin asked.
He noticed.

''I had trouble sleeping.'' I looked at Korra, who had bags under her eyes.
And I was complaining...
I wanted to cheer her up.
''Actually I had a dream about Korra and me as children.'' They all looked at me.

''When she was only five, Korra tripped on the ice she was bending. She actually started crying and said she needed medical attention. Of course I was the one running after your parents.'' They all laughed and even Korra smiled.
She mouthed a 'thank you' and I gave her a smile.

*************************

We arrived at White Lotus compound at the Southern Water Tribe.
We were going to stay there, until Katara had healed Korra. Or at least tried.
If there was someone who could do it, it would be my grandmother.

"Do you think Katara will be able to heal me?" Korra asked me, as we were walking to where my grandmother was.
I thought it through before answering.
She must've asked me for a reason, maybe because Katara was my grandmother, and I was really close with her.

"I think that if anybody can do it, it's her." She nodded, like she didn't like the response.
"I also think that you'll always will be the amazing Korra, my best friend and a badass bender." She chuckled and it made me smile.
"Thanks Nao, that actually helped."

"Anytime Korra. I'm here for you." I meant it.
"You too." And so did she.

The second we arrived, and I saw Katara, I couldn't help but feel at home.
"Hello everyone, you must be tired after traveling this far." She said smiling as usually.