Chapter #1

Berk. It's not a big island but the people were. Almost all the people were huge. They were vikings.

(First person) age 12

I lived with only one parent, my father. We had lost my mother just 2 months ago from a drowning ship. Drago had attacked the fishing ship my mom was on. But I have a secret. Dragons can talk to me and I can talk back. It's like being bi-lingual. If you told other vikings you knew they would dump you on outcast island.

"y/n! Come Here! There is a terrible terror in our kitchen! Get my ax!"

"Oh Thor!" I ran downstairs forgetting my dads ax. Food food i'm starving I need food my hatchlings need food! the terror was whimpering. I couldn't talk back for fear of my father discovering my secret. It flew off as my father ran in with his ax. "For Thors sake! Y/n if I ask ya to get me ax get it! Now its flown away with our... uh our-"

"dad I don't know what your getting at we haven't had food in this kitchen since-" I stopped not wanting to hurt my dad by talking about mom.

"lets go to the hall to get lunch." My dad finished. We walked to the hall.

I had no friends on the island. Hiccup Horrendous Haddock III who wasn't the most popular person eather but liked to be alone. I sat at a table 4 away from the rest of the kids your age. Hiccup came over and sat next to me. "Hi, y/n. Can I sit here?"

"yeah I guess." You shrugged. Hiccup sat and opened the book of dragons. "Can you believe that a dragon shoots boiling water to kill its victims!"

"yes, intriguing. Look up the Monstrous Nightmare they can set them selves on fire!" I know a lot about dragons I have almost memorized the whole book. "HERE IT IS!" Hiccup had got to the monstrous nightmare page. "shot limit 10 and kerosene gel!" Hiccup said. "yeah it coats it's self in it, that's how it sets it's self on fire." I said feeling pround I knew so much about dragons. "y/n that's amazing! How do you know all that!"

"studying, I like learning about dragons."

"that's cool you can probublly recognize any dragon and know how to defeat it!" he paused then said "can you help me with something?"

"uh what do you need?"

"can we go somewhere else, its kind of personal."

"ok"

Hiccup dragged you out of the hall and walked into the dark.

"I need help. I want to kill a dragon. That way I can get a girl friend and my father will be proud of me." I wanted to tell him that I would date him now but I wasn't sure he felt the same.

(( keep going it gets better))