8- The 2 of us against the world

Another update for you guys 💜
This is me being organized (a once in a lifetime thing so enjoy it)
Look out at the end of the chapter for an explanation of how Jungkook's country works.

-:-

"Soyeon? Soyeooonnn!!" Jungkook's singsonging voice echoed through the halls  of the palace as he ducked his head in and out of rooms, looking for his little sister.

"Soybean?"

He peered into one last room before pumping his fist and shouting "Aha!"

Soyeon was in the music room. She was sitting  at a piano, her fingers dancing rapidly across the keys, playing a soft and sweet melody.

"Found you" he chuckled quietly, running into the room and leaping over a guitar, interrupting Soyeon's piano solo. He sat next to her at the piano, and began playing cartoon theme songs over the top of her classical masterpiece.

Since playing classical instruments like piano was one of the only hobbies approved by the king and queen, Jungkook and Soyeon were both basically child prodigies when it came to instruments. When he was younger, Jungkook had devoted hours and hours per day to perfecting his piano skills. Now Soyeon was doing the same thing that he used to, and Jungkook was mainly using his skills to meme songs.

"You thought you could hide from me, huh?" He tickled her stomach.

"Jungkooook. I'm trying to practice" she groaned, but smiled back at him anyway, slapping his hands away.

The two Jeon siblings had always had a good relationship. It had been the two of them against the world (the world being their parents) since before either of them could remember. And since Soyeon was only 15, Jungkook took responsibility to take care of her and basically raise her, a job their parents usually left to the servants.

"What do you want Kookie?" Soyeon laughed.

Jungkook's smile wavered a bit.

"Our parents want us to meet them in the dining hall. Apparently we're supposed to meet up with Kings, Queens, and heirs of the lesser kingdoms. To form alliances and trading systems and whatnot. The usual."

Soyeon groaned, pouting at Jungkook.

"Ok. I better get dressed then. I'll meet you downstairs in 5." she sighed, grabbing her book to head to her room. Soyeon was extremely shy around pretty much everyone other that her brother and the servants, so meetings weren't exactly her forte. But she didnt really have much of a choice of whether she could go or not.

Even though Soyeon technically wasn't the heir to the throne, if something happened to Jungkook before he could have (or adopt) kids, she would immediately become Queen. And have to be lumped into an arranged marriage like Jungkook. It was unfair, but that was just life. Nothing she could do about it.

Soyeon briskly walked off to her room. No need to waste time. There was no way of getting out of this.

She arrived and slipped on the first dress she could see. It was a red silk gown, with a simple criss-crossed back, spaghetti straps, and a ribbon around the waist, erupting in an enormous bow around the front.

(imagine something like this but in red) (and yes I described the dress first and magically there was a dress that looked exactly like what I was picturing. Thank god.)

)