10- Video Games

i know it's been a month and i am so sorry. seriously (>_<).

happy late hobi day!! ☀️🌈

The meeting finally concluded as the sun was setting, and Jungkook had never felt more relieved.

The weight of his future bore heavy on his shoulders. He needed to find a way to lift that weight, even if it was just momentarily.

So Jungkook went to his room to do what he always did when he needed to release his anger.

He got out his favourite video games.

He grabbed his controller and flipped on his brand new console (which he had bought in secret with his own credit card because his parents didn't believe in video games).

After about 5 minutes of setting up, the sound of raining bullets, explosions and smashes filled the room. Jungkook was a master at Overwatch. He had had years of practice, and knew just how to maneuver his controls to get the perfect angles, to hit the perfect headshots.

He played for about half an hour, masterfully winning for his team over and over again.

All of a sudden, a soft knock on the door interrupted his match.

"Who is it?"

A fluffy blonde head peeked through the door.

"H-hi.. Am I interrupting anything?" Shy as ever, Jimin ducked his head in a tiny bow.

"Not at all. Come right in."

Jungkook pulled off his headset, pausing the game. He smiled at Jimin and the younger boy blushed.

"Um- I was just going to come in here and dust a bit. I didn't know you were in here.."

"Oh don't worry about me. I'm just playing games. I'll try not to interrupt you."

"Thanks!" Jimin replied. "I'll be 15 minutes."

10 minutes seems like a long time to spend dusting a room, but Jungkook's room was at least triple the size of a normal bedroom.

Jimin may have also been planning to work extra slowly so he could spend more time checking out Jungkook.

But you didn't hear it from me.

Jungkook pulled his headset back on and unpaused the game, getting back into the zone. Jimin watched in awe, gaping as he played flawlessly.

"Wow. You're amazing"

Jungkook spun around, his distraction providing an opportunity for a player on the other team to kill him.

"Oh! I'm so sorry!" Jimin gasped. "Is the game over now? Sorry!"

Jungkook chuckled. "It's right. It's just a game."

Jimin nodded.

"Ok.. You really are amazing." he blushed, gesturing at the screen.

Jungkook shook his head, scoffing. "No no no. I'm just average. You should see some of the guys I play with."

"You're still amazing to me though. I've never played a video game before. I've never seen electronics in real life either."

Jungkook hummed, his face taking on a thoughtful look.

"Do you want me to teach you how to play? It'll be fun, I promise."

"What? Really?"

"Of course. You must've missed out on a lot as a kid. I'll make it up to you."

Jimin grinned, jumping up and down in tiny"You're so thoughtful Jungkookie!"