3- In for a long ride

ashley_fashionista1 ffs bro just read my book already

-:-

Jimin was finally getting used to the bumping of the trailer on the cobblestone lined road when the car pulled to a stop.

The driver unlocked the trailer's door and opened it up, letting light stream into it. Jimin allowed his eyes to adjust, and he realized that they were at the palace.

After a long drive full of pain, fear and continually creeping thoughts, it was a sight for sore eyes.

The palace was beautiful. Situated on a gaping cliff, it overlooked the entire kingdom and towered over the buildings below. It was surrounded by dark green trees that were full of birds and butterflies, and it's white brick walls were covered in ivy and wisteria. There were four turrets on each corner of the castle, each with a black roof. Each tower was topped with the kingdom's flag, blue and yellow with the black and white coat of arms. A mix of stained and plain glass windows covered the exterior of the house like jewels on a crown.

Jimin stared up in awe for a few seconds before he was interrupted by the driver pulling me out of the trailer and dragging him to the main entrance. The entryway was decorated with golden statues and white marble columns, engraved with golden details. Could it even get much better than this?

Yes, yes it could, Jimin thought to himself as he stepped inside the palace.

The inside of the palace was a mix of Victorian and modern architecture. It had high, detailed ceilings and dark wooden floors that contrasted with the white marble feature walls. Golden arches and patterns decorated doorways, and white marble and gold statues and columns covered the walls.

The hallways were lined with antique oil paintings that must have altogether cost millions, and the rooms were filled with antique, Victorian style furniture. Rich blue and bright white velvet rugs and couches filled the many dining, living, and bedrooms. Extravagant patterns and designs seemed to be carved and painted into every surface available.

Jimin soaked up the scenery while he could, before the man pulled him through a small grey hallway.

"I'm taking you to the servant's quarters while I speak to the king and queen about your arrival. They will decide where and who you will work for." he told him.

They continued down the small hallway until they reached a small, shabby room. Jimin walked in and the driver walked off, presumably to go find the king and queen.

The room had a small kitchen, with a stovetop, bench, cupboard and fridge, 3 sets of bunk beds, and a table with 6 chairs in the middle of the room. It had a tiny room attached, which Jimin assumed was a bathroom. The only decoration in the room was a small vase on the table filled with light pink roses. He lent down to sniff them.

A skinny girl with long, strawberry blonde hair entered the room. She was wearing a lacy white dress and petticoat with a dark brown apron tied in a bow around it.

"Do you like them?" she asked. He tilted his head, confused.

"The roses. Do you like them?" she repeated, pointing to the vase of roses that he had just smelt. He nodded, offering her a friendly smile.

"Thank you!" She said cheerily. "I replace them with my own money each Sunday, to try and brighten up the place. I love roses, after all, they are my namesake."

She extended her hand and Jimin shook it.

"My name's Rosé, and you are?-"

"Jimin- Park Jimin."