Author's Note

Yes, this is not an update, but I have a chapter ready and I'll 100% be updating right after this. If you're not interested in this, feel free to skip straight to that. There are a few important things in here though so you might want to read it.

So I wanted to talk about the sudden title change and a few other things. If you're in the future, the book was originally called "Slave" and I just changed it to "Servitude".

I mainly changed it because after looking back at it, I really didn't like the connotations of that title. "Slave" is a pretty strong word and the history surrounding slavery isn't exactly a good one, so I changed it to servitude. I think it fits better, since while Jimin is sold without consent, and that technically is slavery, his role in the palace isn't exactly one of a slave, since he has good conditions and gets all the necessities. He's more of a servant than he is a slave. So I changed it.

I just don't think I know enough about slavery and it's history to write about it in depth, so  I think I'll just keep it as it is.

On a brighter note, thank you so much for all the reads! I never expected this book to go anywhere really, so it's amazing to see people actually reading it and enjoying it. If you are reading, thank you so much. I really appreciate it ♡'・ᴗ・'♡

I'm trying to be more consistent with my updates, but it's back to school season and I've been organizing for that like crazy. I've also been on holiday as well, and I didn't have anything to write on since the school took everyone's laptops for maintenance. I should get it back  in about 2-3 weeks, so that means more consistent updates.

Thankfully, I'm also getting a lot more inspiration to write, so that means no more useless filler chapters (hopefully). I'm working on figuring out how to introduce all the characters (that includes Namjoon, Taehyung, Yeonjun, and if I can get this to work out, Stray Kids, (G)-idle, or Mamamoo members.) If you want, feel free to comment some idols that you want me to include as characters in future updates. I'd really like to hear people's opinions and I love reading comments.

Also, don't kill me, but I won't be adding Jisoo as a character. I know I added all the other blackpink members, but I just don't think adding her would add to the storyline. I added all the others for a reason, and at first I'm pretty sure Jennie's character was actually going to be Hwasa (I'm regretting making her Jennie because the characters definitely need more variation but I can't change it now). Sorry x1000 blinks (ᗒᗣᗕ)՞

And I think that's all for now. I hope you enjoy the update that's coming up!

Borahae