• A Million Reasons | K. Danvers

TITLE:

TITLE:

A Million Reasons | K. Danvers

FANDOM:

DC Universe

ORIGINAL CHARACTERS:

Zachary Smith, Aviana Lawson, Luke Norbury, Nora Roberts

MAIN CHARACTERS:

Kara Danvers, Jeremiah and Eliza Danvers, Alex Danvers, Clark and Lois Kent, Connor Kent, Jonathan Kent, Tim Drake.

STATUS:

Published, Completed with 85 chapters.

OVERVIEW:

One human being is equal to a hundred million reasons. And any of those reasons can either make life worth living or worth leaving. Zachary was a strong believer of this notion but being a highly optimistic person, he always searched for the reasons that made life worth living.

With his cheerful personality and empathetic nature, he was himself quite the embodiment of a reason worth living for. But then Kara Danvers came into his life, unknowingly taking everything he believed in and turning it into dust.

Zachary could not understand why she was so adamant about giving him a million reasons to stay away from her. And yet at the same time, he was intrigued to find out more and could not stop looking for reasons to get closer.

CAST:

Bradley Simpson as Zachary Smith

Madison Iseman as Kara Danvers

Matthew Davis as Jeremiah Danvers

Sara Canning as Eliza Danvers

Daisy Ridley as Alex Danvers

Henry Cavill as Clark Kent

Amy Adams as Lois Lane Kent

Joshua Orpin as Connor Kent

Jorge Benito as Jonathan Kent

Benjamin Stiller as Jonah Smith

Giovanna Antonelli as Morena Smith

Marina Nery as Aviana Lawson

ADDITIONAL NOTES:

This was initially supposed to be a Connor Kent fanfiction but I changed my mind at the last moment. Besides, I always take my readers into account and as some of them suggested that a fanfic on Kara would be great, so I started thinking in that direction and formulated my ideas accordingly.

Let me tell you that Zachary's character was well-formed even before I decided I wanted to write this fanfic. Maybe I love writing optimistic characters and then placing them in compromising situations that make them question their own optimism. This fanfic is kind of like that, a full-on challenge for Zachary to discover why not all people can see the silver linings in each cloud.

However, if it had been a Connor Kent fanfic, it might have been much different and by the end of my planning, I realized that I could not fit Zachary into the plot if I placed the focus on Connor. But with Kara, there are many interesting possibilities and I can't wait to explore her character more as well as write about the Danvers family.

The original characters, Zachary and Aviana, are step-siblings and have been living as a family ever since Zachary's Dad (Jonah Smith) and Aviana's mother (Morena Lawson) got married. Zach and Ava were thirteen when they first met and ever since their parent's marriage, they have lived exactly like normal siblings.

Another important thing to keep in mind is that both Superboy (Connor Kent) and Supergirl (Kara Danvers) are part of the Young Justice alongside Nightwing (Dick Grayson), Artemis (Artemis Crock), Miss Martian (M'gann M'orzz), Kid Flash (Wally West) and Robin (Tim Drake). In this story, Jason Todd has not yet come back to Gotham after being resurrected though he used to be a part of the Young Justice before, Tim has taken his place under the same title Robin.

Also, this is the first fanfic of mine that I am going to start with a glimpse of the future rather than a flashback. So chapter [00] will not feature some past event but it will focus on the future. Like the time when the story has ended and the characters are looking back at their lives and retelling it.

***