• Sugarcoated Chillies | B. Gordon

TITLE: 

TITLE: 

Sugarcoated Chillies | B. Gordon 

FANDOM: 

DC Universe

ORIGINAL CHARACTERS: 

Neal Hastings, Rose Gibson, Dianne Harris

MAIN CHARACTERS:

Barbara Gordon, Richard Grayson, Jason Todd, Bruce Wayne, Jim Gordon

STATUS:

Published, Completed with 40 chapters.

OVERVIEW:

Neal Hastings knew very well that his days were numbered. He used to be one of the countless young men in Gotham struggling to survive in the dangerous city of crime. He had taken up multiple jobs, kept a low profile, and merged with the citizens very easily since there was nothing about him that could strike above the ordinary.

But with one drastic revelation that made him realize how fleeting his life was, he decided that instead of going out as a faint flame in a plethora of candles, he would rather go out with an explosion that would outshine all the candles of life around him.

That one decision made him change his outlook on life and himself as well, becoming known as the city's renowned troublemaker who could do anything for the thrill of it, lived to the fullest, and could not be tied down by the jaded judgments of society. However, his antics often make him end up in the GCPD lockup where he met Barbara Gordon for the first time.

CAST:

Deborah Ann Woll as Barbara Gordon

Harry Shum Jr. as Neal Hastings

Gary Oldman as Jim Gordon

Christian Bale as Bruce Wayne

Brenton Thwaites as Richard Grayson

Curran Walters as Jason Todd

Rihanna as Koriand'r

Clemence Poesy as Rose Gibson

Adelaide Kane as Dianne Harris

***

ADDITIONAL NOTES:

The point to keep in mind is that this story is set in Barbara's early years as Batgirl so she isn't yet confined to a wheelchair and works in the GCPD alongside her father and Richard Grayson. She met Neal for the first time while investigating him for a case in which he was on the suspects' list. 

But he managed to intrigue her immensely since she would never be able to form a clear opinion of how he really was as a person due to the contrasting traits in his personality. That curiosity to figure him out kept pulling her towards him and the story progresses focusing on the two, their differences, and how their attraction towards one another began to shape their fate.

I have thought out the entire story and can go as far as to say that out of all the stories I have written, I love this one the most. Neal's character is someone I would hate in real life if I judge him from the first impression and his reputation alone and that's exactly what I had employed for Barbara's perspective on him as well.

This whole story focuses on initial judgments and how these judgments are actually very different from reality. It offers a wide range of emotions, revelations, decisions, and how it all wraps up to the ultimate end.

I hope you guys enjoy reading it as much as I am enjoying writing it. And be warned, the ending is going to get you shocked.

***