The Hollow

October 18th 1997

Harper eyed the dirty window, looking out to the bare street of Moondale. They'd been in the abandoned shack for a week now, undisturbed without a dementor in sight. Hermione's protective spells had proven to have great durability and the group couldn't remember the last time they spent this long in one spot since Grimmauld Place. It was nice to have some stability to their hurricane of a journey. It was even nicer to have an actual building to reside in, with a bed and a fireplace, even the rundown kitchen proved a great addition.

But like all good things in Harper's life, it couldn't last and they couldn't stay here forever. They needed to move, they needed to keep looking for horcruxes.

"I've been thinking," Harper began, perched on an armchair, "I want to go to Godric's Hollow. It's where I was born, it's where my parents died."

Hermione sighed from where she sat on an opposing chair. "That's exactly where they'll expect you to go because it means something to you."

"But it means something to him too. You-Know-Who almost died there. Isn't that exactly the type of place he'd be likely to hide a horcrux?"

She stared at her for a moment, demurral smoking over her chocolate irises. She knew Hermione wanted to protest, but even the fellow Gryffindor couldn't deny the likeliness of Harper's idea. "It is dangerous, Harp," her eyes fluttered closed for a second, "but I admit I've been thinking we have to go there at some point. I think it is possible that something is hidden there."

"We have to go, Hermione," Harper insisted as she shifted in the arm chair, a foot tucked under her bottom and an elbow leaning on the armrest, "we can't stay here, as comfortable as it's been."

She could have sworn the girl nearly blushed which pinched Harper's curiosity.

"Right, but we'll have to think it through carefully."

"Count Weasley out of that conversation then," Draco's voice entered as the boys descended the stairs. Harper was happy to see them both untouched, meaning they hadn't started fighting in the five minutes it took them to repair the roof. The small home definitely came with its structural challenges in the storm weather.

"We're going to Godric's Hollow," Harper stated.

"Brilliant," Ron couldn't have sounded less enthusiastic.

"I can definitely confirm You-Know-Who has that place on watch," Draco said, sitting himself on the armrest of Harper's chair. "At least he did."

"Which is why a plan is imperative," Hermione said, sitting up. The prospect of having a plan again had lifted her mood as much as everyone else's. Harper didn't miss how everyone gave her a good glare at the mention of a plan as well, her impulsive reputation preceding her.

"Disillusionment Charms would be sensible, unless you think we should go the whole hog and use Polyjuice Potion?" Hermione said.

"I thought we were out of Polyjuice?" Ron asked.

"Indeed, we'll need to collect hair from somebody. I actually think we'd better do that, the thicker our disguises, the better."

"Where are we going to collect hair, Hermione?" Harper whined.

"I'm sure we can find some unsuspecting Muggles somewhere."

"And then spend a month brewing Polyjuice?" Draco almost scoffed.

Hermione scrunched her nose, dejected by the fault in her idea and thinking hard for an alternative. "Well then some Disillusion should buy us some time at least-"