The Taste of Dysphoria

January 12th 1997

The crushing pain was on one side of his head, coming and going in an incessant pattern. It made him want to pace about, he couldn't sit, couldn't lie down or relax. The headache was making his tolerance for this damned party extremely low. He didn't even know why he was here, just that all his mates begged him to come. It was someone's birthday, that much he knew; and Dungeon 8 was full of Slytherins and spare Ravenclaws. He pinched between his brows, trying to relax his thumping mind.

"You right, mate?" Goyle asked, handing him another glass of firewhiskey.

"Headache," Draco said.

He was mentally exhausted from a long, frustrating Saturday of working on the Vanishing Cabinet. Turned out the repairing of the charmed furniture was going to be more difficult than he thought. Borgin was right. He sipped his drink, grinding his teeth. Every part of him didn't want to fix this stupid thing, but if he didn't pull it off before the years end, he could kiss his parents and wealth goodbye. He ran his tongue over his teeth. If he did pull it off, well he could kiss Harper Potter goodbye.

Pansy slipped into the seat beside him, her body dangerously close. She sent him one of her amiable smiles. He merely ignored her, throwing his drink back. Parkinson had dulled even further compared to what he saw in Potter now. His lips quirked slightly, a smile tempting him at the thought of his new fling. She was even better than he remembered on the night at the Astronomy Tower. Her body so slender and shapely in his hands. The sounds she made as he took her through a journey of pleasure. It took all of Draco's restraint to leave it to kissing and not rip off their clothes and go all the way there and then.

Something in him jerked to life at the image.

He took a deep breath, adjusting his position on the seat. His eye caught Blaise walking by. "Zabini," he called and raised his empty glass. "Be a darl and grab me another would you?"

"You're smashing through those, Malfoy," Bletchley commented.

Draco didn't feel affected, he could usually handle even the hardest of liquors thanks to being surrounded by the highest quality of vintages. Nott on the other hand, could not. He looked positively green as he stumbled over, slumping down on a bench nearby.

"Have some water, mate," Pucey offered.

Thanks to Blaise's return, the conversation took a turn for the dirtiest as he and Bletchley were battling over their latest conquests. Blaise was always smug, making sure the girls wanted him and not the other way around. Whereas Bletchley was always chasing birds.

"Zabini, there is no way you did it in a cupboard with Professor's walking by," Bletchley said.

"Lucky I'm quick," he winked.

"Not sure if that's something to be proud of," Goyle sniggered.

"They would have heard you both!"

"Silencing charm, you dunce," Blaise said a-matter-of-factively.

Bletchley rolled his eyes, taking a long sip of his beer while Crabbe and Goyle shared laughs. Blaise went to sip his own drink, shooting his eyebrows up at Malfoy tauntingly.

He just smirked, tapping a finger on his glass. "I had a girl at the top of the Astronomy Tower," he said and everyone quieted, eyes snapping to him. They always did, whenever he had a story he would have everyone's full attention and respect. "Recently, too."

"Is that where you've been sneaking off too at night?" Goyle laughed.

He had actually been working on his cabinet, but he would let them think its a hook-up instead. Pansy noticeably deflated, a sigh leaving her.