Family

Diego P.O.V

Months has passed. I would go hunt alone for Shira. Shira would get in the the mood swings. I knew it was temporary.

I love how she is. It would scare me if Shira says that she is going to kill me. I had to be careful with my words. Most of the time I would be quiet.

Shira asks me, "Why are you quiet softie?"

I responded, "Well I don't to hurt your feelings with my words if I say something wrong."

Then Shira winced in pain. Which I got worried.

I asked, "Are you okay kitty?"

Shira looks at me with a serious face. I back down knowing better not use her nickname during her pregnancy. For her is offensive.

I spoke, "I'm sorry Shira."

"Out!"

I whimpered, "Okay."

I ran out of the cave like I'm going to die at the moment. I don't want to face her wrath. I was so scared like I saw something scary.

As I out of the cave I thought why I don't get something to eat for Shira. I was trying to be a good husband. When she wants something I had to go get it. Even though I don't like it.

Flashback

One time Shira was wanting to eat Granny for breakfast. I had to pretend that Granny beat the crap out of me when I tried to kill Granny.

The other time when Shira wants me to be her night snack. I was asleep Shira began to bite me on my throat. I quickly turned aggressive. I was about to claw her, but I hold myself.

The whole night Shira would bite my paws. Which it hurt at least I wasn't bleeding. After the torture Shira was asleep like a kitten.

End of flashback

I was able to get a deer for Shira. When I returned I saw Shira was taking a nap. I started to wake her up gently.

I spoke, "Shira I got you something to eat."

Shira's eyes opened and saw the deer I hunted. Shira began to eat like a vicious predator like she hasn't ate in days. After Shira finished, Shira went back to her nap. I ate the leftovers.

I would keep on eye on her so she doesn't get hurt. One day I was asleep then Shira woke me up.

Shira spoke, "Softie wake up."

I asked sleepily, "Yeah Shira?"

"I want to take a walk."

"You sure? I don't want you push yourself too much."

Shira began to beg like a little girl,  "Please Diego."

"Okay."

I got up quickly and I helped Shira to get up. Shira placed her weight on me so she can move around. Shira got heavier since she was carrying our cubs.

We met up with the herd. Everyone was happy to see us again. They noticed how Shira's belly grew.

After a couple of hours. I notice that Shira started to wince in pain this time much worse.

Shira spoke in pain, "It's time."

Ellie and Peaches started to care of Shira. I began to walk in back and forth. I was anxious to see my cubs. While my friends were trying to make me feel calm. I heard Shira's screams in the cave.

After a while there was a silence in the cave. I went inside to see Shira. Shira was curled up like a ball.

Shira saw me and spoke quietly, "Softie come your cub."

I looked at them he looked adorable. It reminds me when I was kitten. He looked like me. I knew his eyes are like Shira. My face was close to him nuzzling him. My son began to nuzzle back softly.

Shira spoke, "He knows that you are his dad."

"Same. I can't wait to see his eyes."

"Yeah after all we been through. We are happy together with our son. I'm willing to give my love to him. And you going to teach him how to be a good saber."

I spoke, "Yeah, I don't know what to do without you in my life."

"Same."

We looked at our son how adorable he was. Then it reminded us like we were before.

I hope you enjoyed the story. Thank you all the votes and comments. Thanks to reyskywalker38, Suha142009, and EgoHope157 for voting for the chapters. Hope every reader enjoyed also. See you all next time! Go fast cheetah!