I'm on the News!

"Bye sweetheart. I might not be back home till late tonight, ther's some leftover food in the fridge for dinner if you want. " my mom called out as she shut the front door behind her. Nothing I wasn't used to; I can't remember a say where my mom and I have actually ever spent some time together. Not since my dad just magically disappeared five months ago. I was pretty much used to doing most of the work around the house.

The TV was quietly playing in the background and when I turned up the volume, it felt like the message was directly sent to me. Though i guess in a way it was, "Police have found 4 men unconscious in an alleyway yesterday. Is this another work of the one and only Shadow?" The news lady said. She seemed to be glaring at me through the television screen,"Locals say that they would feel much better if the masked woman wasn't out on the streets trying to keep the town safe as she claims. Police have been investigating to further locate and find her. Until then, hopes and prayers that we'll sleep safely."

Not being able to take any more I shut he TV off and slammed the remote down hard on the kitchen counter. I did more saving than all of the officers in the country combined. I'm the one that gave them almost all the rapists and murders and drug dealers to put in jail. Without me our city would be covered in dirt, but because I did a little sweeping at least we're short a few bad guys. But what can I say, haters gonna hate.

"Kayla! Come on were gonna be late! Hurry up!" My best friend Jessica called from the door, where she stood half in and half out like she was ready to run if she needed to.

I looked down at my outfit just to make sure I wasn't still on my pyjamas. I had a pair of light washed jeans and a over sized hoody so I could strap down a few weapons underneath just in case.

"Yup, coming,"I called back down to Jessica. She scurried out and i found her sitting in her car texting away on her phone, "Hey."

"Good mornin-ee." She winced as she looked up away from the road and back.

"What?" I asked frantically,"what's wrong?"

Jessica didn't answer till she safely parked the car on the school parking lot and turned to loom at me,"You've got a slight bruise on your cheek." She pulled out a bit of concealer and dabbed at the spot till she sighed with satisfaction,"and your as good as new."

Jessica was the the only other person that knew about my secret identity. And to my supreme she encouraged me, not to kill though. Her mom was a news reporter at the local news station, and as much as I like her, she doesn't like the real me. The me as Shadow.

A few of the jocks were blocking my locker, "Excuse me," I squeaked. They only quickly glanced my way before returning back to their conversation. That was it, I am not being pushed around by these little brats today, "Hey! Why don't you move your tiny ass somewhere else so I can get to my damn locker, or I I'll shove all your oversized egos up your-"I stopped myself before I said anything that made me suspicious. The guys all just looked at me, astonished that I had that much energy in me. I blushed instantly, out of sheer will though. These guys didn't scare me.

The one with the messy back hair smirked, "Make way for the princess you guys." He pushed back his friends and they made their way down the hall all murmuring, only the one that dared to talk to me looked back with a curious smile.

_________________________

Hey guys! How was the chapter? You like? You don't like...Tell me!
Don't worry I'm not abandoning a melting heart. I'm just taking a short break and writing this one at the same time. Plus I have more Ideas for this.

I have no idea what I'm doing right now. It's only 6:30 on the morning! But I can't go to bed. So yeah....
Please share this book with ur friends and other peoples.
I LOVE YOU GUYS!!!!!
HAVE A GOOD DAY YAYA!
Vote . comment . followeifhsbalah