Maybe we Could be Together Again...

A/n: sorry bout any spelling mistakes you guys. I promise after I'm done the book I'll go through and fox any errors. Right now I'll do my best to not make stupid mistakes. But just a reminder my phone likes to correct words on its own and make them into something totally different, even if I spelt it right... :(

Enjoy the chapter!

___________________________________________
ERIN'S P.O.V-

It was so awkward sitting there and watching my mom react to seeing me and my dad who was glaring holes through her.

Did I mention that she was gone for a month, only God knows where. According to Kayla, she had gone on a business trip somewhere in San Francisco. But she had never said when she was coming back.

"When did you two cone back?" My mom asked frantically, setting her luggage against the wall; she only had a carry-on and her handbag with her. That doesn't seem like enough luggage for one month does it. Unless you already have stuff there...

I already knew my mom was totally out of it, after my dad left. She left us to be on our own. Some nights she didn't even come home. We had to do things on our own. Kayla and I started seeing less and less of our mother over the months, and soon enough we started keeping the house up on our own. I got a job at a kick boxing club and Kayla got a job at a nearby Starbucks. Though the free coffee was nice, it didn't pay enough. Our jobs started colliding with our night "jobs" so we were forced to quit. By then my mom finally pulled herself together and did her duties of a mother. But that only lasted a short while.

"Last month," I answered. My dad just sat there, glaring at his wife.

"Marissa," he nodded towards her.

My mom shook,"Just fine. How bout you Allen?"

"That's none if your concern,"

I was a but glad when my mom came home, so I didn't have to be in the same room as my dad alone. He scored me. A lot. But now that my mom and my dad were both here, standing only about two feet away, it was like lighting a bomb; my dad being the match and my mom the bomb that always ruined everything.

"Where's Kayla?" She asked, not sounding concerned, oh trying to change the subject.

I was about to tell her where she actually was, but then I had no idea how my mom would react to that- and my dad wasn't going to be much help anyways.

"She's out...with friends," I added as a afterthought

My dad didn't as much look at me, and I was grateful.

There was no emotion on my mom's face,"Would you like something to-" there was a knocking at the door.

"Yes," my mom asked in her sweet voice.

"I'm looking for an Erin Moore..." a deep voice said.

"Shit," I muttered to myself, keeping a hand at the gun tucked in my pants.

While I was in London I ran into a gang. They tried to make me a part of their team, but I had opted out more than once. Apparently they didn't like that. That's why I had left London so early, I wasn't supposed to come back till the end of this year.

"Don't let them in," I hissed at my mom. The guy heard and try ed to budge the door open. my mom did everything in her power to shut the door, but she was to weak. The guy pushed the door open, shoving my mom out of the way.

I pulled out my gun and had it ready,"Move any closer and I'll shoot Rodriguez,"

~*~

I pulled myself out of the hospital bed and tore of the gown. Finally I was being let out. No more disgusting mushy hospital food, or smelly bathrooms and pasty sheets. I could finally sleep in my own room again, in my comfortable clothes, with the familiar feeling of my weapons strapped to my body. Two whole days spent in a crappy hospital room with five other patients- mostly elderly people who had just come out of a kidney or liver transplant.