Close Call

"I will be assigning you your new lab partners today, and with that you're going to have to find another pair and firm a group for your project."

I zoned our till I heard my name being called, and immediately wished those guys from last night killed me instead: "Kayla and Chase."I heard. The boy that all ed me a princess earlier that day came and sat down in the seat beside me.

I groaned into my hands.

"Hey princess."He grinned at me.

"Hello annoying dick." I muttered a reply.

Chase gaped at me, pretending to be hurt, "Now what did I ever do to you!"

Be alive. But I'm not that mean to tell him that.

The teacher finished explain the project and told us to find a group. My eyes immediately landed on Jessica and a cute guy with short brown hair and big brown hair. I had seen him a few times with Chase. They plated football together. Jeremy, that was his name. He was one of the quieter jocks, not really caring of he hadn't slept with the newest slut. 

"We're join them." I said not really giving him much of a choice.  He only shrugged and nodded. I guess he didn't care since his best friend was also in the group.

The bell rang and students raved to rush out the door, while the teacher shouted something that got lost in the sea of voices.

Once we reached outside I longed for my sleek black motorcycle. But I had to drive my boring old Chevy back instead, not wanting to rush any commotion.  Maybe one day I'll ride it, just for show.

"Hey princess, we're coming over tonight to work on the project." Chase said.

My words of protest were lost by his arrogant gesture. Who does he think he is just inviting himself over like that. Before i could say anything he was up and gone just like that. Well, my plans for the night are ruined.

~*~

We all ditched my house, thanks to my mom coming home earlier than usual, and with a guy! We headed back to school which was only being occupied by a few strangers studying along with us in the library, but eventually everyone including the after school janitors left, giving us the keys to lock up the place.

We were furiously writing things down,"When is this crap even due?" Chase asked.

"Next week." I answered getting up to go look for another research book.

Chase got up and followed me, leaving Jeremy and Jessica back at the table on their own.

"Whatcha looking for princess?" Chase bugged.

It took all my will not to roll my eyes and punch him in the face,"Looking for a book..."I stated obviously.

Chase was about to say something but I held up my hand, stopping him from opening his mouth. There were voices and footsteps echoing in the halls. I turned quickly to look at Jessica who was happily chatting away with Jeremy until she saw my wide eyed stare. Quickly she registered what was going on and pushed Jeremy on towards me and shut off the lights in the library just before the people came.

I pushed Jessica and Jeremy and Chase deep into a dark corner before moving away slowly to hear what these men were up too," Come on you guys let's trash up this place as well as possible and grab anything we can. Hopefully we can drag out that Shadow girl."in of them snarled in their ugly disgusting raspy voices. 

I pushed myself up against one of the long rows of shelves and pulled out my gun: if Shadow was what they wanted, Shadow was what they were going to get.

Two men were standing in my view, chuckling over something. Before they could walk away and trash the place I shot them both 8 the leg and they fell to the ground wailing in pain.

Another guy had raced through the rows of shelves and found my friend's - minus Chase of course- and were grinning over them,"Well what do we have here?" Jeremy pushed Jessica back behind him protectively and stood up alongside Chase. They were only going to get themselves hurt, so I pulled my hood up over my face thankful that it was to dark to see my face, and smacked him up side the head with my gun letting him fall to the ground in a heavy thump and disappeared before anyone else could see me as Shadow.

------------
Sorry guys for all the typos.  My phones all jacked up and corrects my words the way it wants to! I swear! AGHHHHHHHH!