I'm Not Sitting This One Out

KAYLA'S P.O.V-

I was pacing outside the hospital room chewing on my bitten to a nub fingernail. Chase was staring in through the big observation window where we could see Erin resting peacefully. The only thing that kept me going was being able to see her chest rise and fall as she took each breath. Otherwise I would have for sure lost it and did who knows what!

"Kayla?" Tyler asked me in a weak voice,"You think she'll be okay?" He and Erin had stared to grow quite a friendship. If anything they were more than friends.

"I...I don't know." I answered truthfully. I really didn't know if my sister was going to be okay. The doctor had said she had lost a lot of blood from and that if she lived she wouldn't be the same. The bullet had dug pretty deep in her side and now she was on a ventilator. She had a rare type of blood that was very hard to find in people so she might nor be able to get the proper blood transfer she needs.

Jessica came beside me and gave me a warm hug as a single tear rolled down my cheek.

My phone buzzed from my pocket,"Hello?" I answered.

There wasn't anything but a buzzing sound in the background for a while till finally a deep masked voice spoke up,"We warned you. Now you get to watch your sister suffer."

"What is it that you want huh? You want money? Weapons?" I asked gritting my teeth. I've had enough of these games.

"I'll make you a deal, " the man said in a cool voice. I could imagine him now- sitting in a computer chair fiddling with his fancy weapons while he had maid rush in and out of the place,"Find us and take us down and we'll leave you and your little friends alone."

I thought about the offer for a while. I wasn't about to travel all the way to London just to fight one of these goons. These guys probably knew where we were from the start. They probably got bugs on all of us. They could be in this very building right now.

"Don't know where to start?" The man said reading my mind,"I'll give you a hint," and just like that gunshots were fired in the distance.

I tossed my phone to Jessica,"Try to find out where they are. I'm going to start searching." I pulled out my hand gun and loaded it turning a corner of the building where nurses and patients were all running and hiding in shock. Some of them hit the ground in fear pressing their bodies up against the cold tile floor.

"Wait Kayla. I'm coming with you," a familiar soft velvety voice said from behind me.

"No way in hell Chase. You're not trained enough. You have no idea what your going up against," I protested.

"Come on, I can totally handle this," Chase begged.

"Fine," I said finally giving in. I gave him my spare gun, making sure it was loaded before handing it to him,"Font use it unless you really have to,"

"Yes boss!" He saluted clicking the safety off.

There was an office being the only source of light in a dark deserted hallway. I placed a finger to my lip before crouching down against the wall and listened carefully to what they were saying.

"Oh boss is going to be so happy. He said he'd give the family a call after."

I kicked the door open and pointed my gun at all the men. They were all dressed in long white lab coats and brown khaki pants with a flannel shirt tucked in their brown leather belts. Most of them had salt and peppered hair and big glasses on their faces. In between them stood a young boy with a mechanical leg.

I was about to leave before I saw a small red dot move along the wall. Shut they were watching me.

I slowly lowered my gun,"Who's your boss?" I asked nodding at them.

They put their hands up slowly,"Dr. Davidson ma'am."

The red dot disappeared and I decide it was time to leave,"You saw nothing got it. If the police show up then I will find you and kill you," it was a little harsh but it was the only way to stay alive and in front of bars at the moment.

I pulled out my spare phone - that was so old I had to flip it open - and called my dad,"Do you know where they are?" I asked. Know g my dad he probably already knew what was going on. He's the type of person that's on top of everything even before it happens.

"Elena's on it. Jessica found a signal from the cell phone that called you. You need to come. Of what they said is anywhere close to the truth then you've got to come home understand?" my dad answered.

"Fine," I lied. there was no way I was going home now. not when Erin was laying on her death bed. not while my whole life was on the line. I wasn't about to just sit this one out. What was I supposed to do? Sleep peacefully and go about my normal like my family was fighting to protect my life? There was no way.

I hung up with my dad before calling Jessica,"Hey tell me where I need to go,"

"Uh, your dad said to-"

I cut her off,"It doesn't matter what my dad said. Now tell me what I need to do,"

Jessica sighed before responding,"I need you to go to the West end of the building. There's a strong radioactive signal coming from there and I'm eighty percent sure that it's a bomb."

"Okay, walk me through the steps," I told her as i reached the West wing,"Where is it?"

"Um, check behind the management desk by the entrance. There should be a-"

"Found it," I cut her off again seeing the ticking bomb strapped to the monitor of a computer. it looked more complicated than the bombs I was taught to defuse. Too many wires in too many different colours all tangled together,"Uh Jess. I'm going to need some help with this one."

"You have to find the blue and red wire and cut them at the same time," she said,"Didn't your dad teach you anything?"

"Which blue wire? There's like ten of them," there was only three minutes left on the clock.

"Oh crap," Jessica cursed under her breath,"Okay the two short ones. You need to cut both of them and the red one. All three okay?"

All three. Two short blues ones. All three. Alright,

Chase got the red one and I held the two short blue ones in my hand,"1...2...3" Chase whispered before cutting all three wires.

____________________________________________

Hello lovelies. Had the whole day to myself today and I did shit. (Pardon my language)

So this book is going to come to an end soon. Maybe a ten or twelve more chapters. Maybe. But I'm trying to make things come to an end. Hope you guys are enjoying it so far. I love writing for you. If you read and you like cab you please vote or comment so I know you do?

Goodnight my lovelies.

Xoxo, mee!! ♡