Thank Your Hero Shadow

*A/N: this is a continuation on the previous chapter.

____________________________________________

Kids gaped at us, their jaws hitting the floor at the sight of Chase in my arms. Just earlier today Kayla was sitting on Chase's lap. How could I tell them that Chase wasn't cheating. That it was still me under the mask and coat. That it was still Kayla. But as much as I wanted to, I couldn't. 

I sat Chase against the wall but he wouldn't look at me.

I turned back to the man but found him gone. And so was Erin and Tyler,"That blasted retard!" I shouted. Everyone was too focused on Chase and I, so they were no use for valuable information.  I pulled out my gun and my knife, before walking out and locking the door, then opening it once more.  I wasn't leaving these people without giving them a way to protect themselves.

"Here. Don't use it unless you have too," then I pointed to the football players, or the jocks,  I expect you to rub things here," as much as I didn't like them. Then I left, slamming the door and locking it.

They all stared at me in shock, I seemed to be radiating that didn't I?

There was a gunshot followed by screams just as soon as I left. I walked back in and saw the man holding one of the jocks in a headlock. I sighed before shooting the man in the leg and walking over to his fallen body. Another man jumped through the window, followed by two more. Time for the show of my life.

I went into a roundhouse and struck one of their jaws with my foot twice. The other one caught my foot and proceeded to push me. I broke my fall and rolled on the floor. I managed to throw my knife out and it hit the guy in the arm, digging deep into his skin. He wailed out in pain as blood drenched the arm of his biker jacket. The other guy limped over at me and grabbed my throat and squeezed, lifting me off the ground till only my toes were lightly brushing the ground. I gasped for breathes of air. At east I was going down in battle.

A gunshot saved me though,  hitting the guy square in the back. His hands realesd my neck and I fell to the ground, gasping for breath. The guy turned around not even wincing after the bullet hit him. It only made a hole in his jacket, but no blood poured out. He must be wearing a bulletproof vest on underneath his shirt. 

The girl that had my gun was shaking as he cackled at her.

I got up and lunged at the man, jumping on his back. I used my legs to squeeze the life out of him.

I let out a tired breath. I could feel my wound opening up again. I limped to where Chase was sitting.

I spoke into my earpiece,"Where the hell are you? " I asked Erin. There was another stabbing pain in my side. The I turned to the other students who had all cramped themselves into corners. Some people were sleeping, though I have no idea how through all the screams and gunshots. Others were sitting there, embraced in their friends arms. They weren't safe here,"Alright. We're going to the basement.  You'll be safer there," I hoped.

~*~

TYLER'S P.O.V-

We were both sitting there, tied to poles.  How cliche is that?

Erin-no, Dagger- was sitting behind me, tied to the same piece of damned wood. Her hands were brushing mine, but every time they touched, she froze.

"Fuck!" she murmured to herself. Trying so hard to break her hands free from the binding ropes st her hands and feet.

"Having fun there babe?" I teased.

She dug her nails into my hand,"Babe? Gross! I'm not some barbie doll that throws herself at every guy she sees!"

I chuckled. It was so adorable when she got mad.

"Why are you here anyways? I thought you were Rodriguez's little minion?"

I stiffened,"I left,"

She burst out laughing,"Oh yeah? Why would you do that? You knew what happens to people leave," her voice sounded concerned and warning. Like she didn't want me to go through all this trouble.

The truth is, I left for her. I left to find Erin. Beaches I never got to tell her how I felt about her. She left without even saying goodbye.

"I came back for you," I said softly.

Erin's hands froze a hint mine and her breath in stopped short,"What...why would anyone..."

"Erin, what are you talking about? Anyone would come back for you if you were on danger!"

Erin was the coolest person I knew, with an ego bigger than all of the self-centered high school teenage boys in the world. She could take on all the gangs in All of USA on her own, and make it out alive without a single hair slipping loose from her tight ponytail. Olay that light be a little exaggerated but that's what I think of her.

And she was extremely hot and sexy.

"Stop toying with me you little dick. Save it for bed," Erin chuckled.

I gave a nervous laugh, at least I tired, and teased along with her,"Tonight babe,"

Then she pinched my hand again,"If you wanted me to play sexy cop why didn't you just ask?"

~*~

Chase's P.O.V-

I about had it with all of these pestering teenagers. I get it they were scared,  but that didn't mean they had to bother me about it. A quarter of the school, that was to stupid to leave the school before thongs got to out of hand, had been sitting with me in the cold haunted basement that was a total mystery for me.

There was water dripping from random pipes and buckets and school suplies littering the room.

Kayla said that we might be here a while, but that she'd see what she could do to get these kids home. Even if it meant giving herself up. And that's exactly what she did. How did I know, because there was a loud booming voice through a megaphone,"You are a free to go. Thank your hero, Shadow." He sneered the last part.

____________________________________

Hehe *laughs nervously*
Okay do those two chapters didn't turn out the way I had wanted...oh well. I'm to tired to delete it. Hope u enjoy the 2 chapters of cap I gave u. :/

I'm so bummed that my vacay's over, hope u guys enjoyed u r break.

Love y'all!
Xoxo, me!!

Oh yeah! Almost forgot! I'm unpublishing A Melting Heart cuz its getting nowhere. I really write it and publish it later.  Maybe...

Yeah.

Okay, bye.

Wait! And I'm going to write a new book in its place. It's gonna be called Slipping into your Darkness.  feel free to make me a cover. (wink wink nudge nudge)

'Kay, now I'm gone.

Bye.