Call Me Allen

CHASE'S P.O.V-

I woke up in thin white pasty sheets, in a dully lit room with the stench of hand sanitizer and latex gloves.

"Oh good, your awake," a familiar deep voice said from the corner of the room. Jeremy dragged his chair over to my bedside,"How you feelin' buddy?"

I rubbed my head,"What the hell-" then a wave of memories flooded in: Kayla and Erin going out on motorcycles and fighting a bunch of goons. Kayla's fallen body. Her blood staining the seat of her motorcycle.

I ripped the sheets off me and ran for the door, but Jeremy beat me there, pushing me back with his strong arms,"Where do you think you're going?"

"Kayla! She-she-"

"It's alright she's fine. You need your rest. You fainted yesterday."

I was not going to rest until I made sure Kayla was okay, even if that meant plowing down my best friend,"Where is she?"

Jeremy looked down, and didn't answer my question.

"Jer, where is she?" I asked again,"JEREMY! Tell me where she is, or I will search all the rooms till I find her!"

"Fine fine. Just sit down first," he ushered me into a chair.

I sat on the edge of the chair, ready to run if I needed to.

"She's in the ICU center upstairs, she just had a major surgery. She needs error rest so you can't go visit her right now. Only family," he pushed me back down before I could get up.

Kayla was in the Intensive Care Unit?!

"Where's Erin and Jessica?" I bit my chewed down nails.

"They're with Kay-"

I didn't give him enough time to finish his answer, instead I just poured question upon question on him,"What did you tell the doctors? What did they do to her? How much longer will she need to stay here? Will she remember me? Will she go out a-"

"CHASE!" Jeremy stopped me,"Calm down. I can go take you to see her in a few minutes. Their along visitors from eight to nine,"

"Are her parents here?" I asked the final question.

Jeremy looked away,"Her dad's here,"

Oh shit! How was I supposed to go up there if her dad was there? The guy that held a gun to my neck and threatened to kill me if Kayla didn't give herself up!

No! If I cared about Kayla at all, then I wouldn't mind seeing her scary dad, even if he tried to kill me.

"Ready to go up?" Jeremy asked.

I sighed," Yeah."

Then Jeremy gave me a puzzled look and looked up and down my body,"You're going to see her dad, in a...dress?"

I looked down at my uniform,"It's not a dress, it's a hospital gown. Manditory for all patients to wear."

Jeremy rolled his eyes and tossed me my jeans and shirt,"Just change you asshead!"

~*~
Jeremy and I made our way upstairs to Kayla's hospital room. Her dad was pacing in front, his hands behind his back. He was muttering a few choice words under his breath.

I stopped in my tracks, having second thoughts about going into that room. But Jeremy only pushed me forward with his hands,"Come on man!"

I slid on my heels, trying to stop myself. Kayla's dad turned around and stared at me, with his deep dark eyes. There was a long red jagged scar running from his above his eye and down his cheek,"You."