2

The lights are so bright that when Harry open his eyes, he immediately know where he is, it's all too familiar in the worst way.

"...cancel the tour?" He only catches the last words of the sentence that is leaving his managers mouth, but he already knows it's about him needing to stop touring due to his condition.

"We always knew it was a question of when and not if." The female voice say and he recognise it, his mother.

None of the people in the room have notice that he is awake, he isn't sure if he wants them to know just yet. Most of the time they don't talk about what is happening when he is around, which is weird considering he is an adult and everything is happening to him.

"Mr. Styles." He recognise this man standing in front of him, he have only met him once before.

Dr.Thompson, he is apparently the best cardiologist in the country... he also told Harry before he went out on tour that it was not a good idea for him to do.

"H..." He tries to get the word hi out but his voice is failing him, the feeling in his throat is awful and he can taste the awful metal taste in his mouth, blood.

"Here darling." His mother hands him a bottle of water that he gladly accepts.

The look on his mother's face already tells Harry everything, it have gotten worse. He don't know what he expected when he decided to go against the Doctor's better judgement, he wasn't thinking of anything else than what he wanted...

He wanted to tour, wanted to spread his music.

"Mr. Styl..."

"H..Harry... please call me Harry." He finally got his voice to work with him instead of against him. He never liked hospitals, and the formality of it all didn't help.

"Harry, your condition have worsen... we don't know if surgery will be an option for you anymore." It's like a string breaks inside of him for every word that leaves Dr. Thompson's mouth.

Not an option? He thought it was the only option.

A few doors down Louis looks at himself in the mirror, he looks worse than last time he was here...

"Louis, I'm here to take you to your MRI, Dr. Whitlock will meet us there." Dr. Whitlock is the woman that Louis trust more than anyone else in his life, probably because without her he would be dead and she have saved his life more times than he can count by now.

"Linda?"

"You know, one of these days someone is going to call you out for calling them by their first name." Ashley smile and together they make their way down the hallway.

When they passes the door where the two men came out from before it opens, a doctor steps out and Louis gets a glimpse of brown curls when he tries to look inside.

That is all he manage to see before he is dragged down the hallway to the big doors at the end.

The MRI takes longer than usual, or maybe it is that no one is talking to him like they usually do, it means it's bad, he knows it.

He have been feeling it ever since the headaches started again, how could he not when they are a constant reminder of the thing growing inside of his head.

"Dr. Whitlock will come and talk to you later about the scans." Ashley can't even look him in the eyes when she leaves him back in the room.

"Bad news?" Niall's stick his head out from his room looking at Louis.

"Just fucked in the head." Louis smiles a little, trying to lighten the mood a little.

"It could be worse... you could have bone cancer." Niall laughs a little.

"Oh so that is how you want to play? The "who have it worse" game" Louis makes a little hand gesture when he says it.

"It's the only game I can win." Niall laugh, his laughter seem to get Liam's attention because he comes rolling out from his room in a wheelchair. His lungs have gotten so bad that he often faint when he is walking.

"What are you two laughing about?" His voice is breathy and both men can hear that he is tired. Liam have been on the transfer list for longer than anyone else that they know. Liam have Interstitial lung disease, it's a miracle he have survived this far... he looks worse for each day that passes.

"Louis can't handle that he loses when it comes to worst diseases." Niall say smiling at Liam, he doesn't show pity when he is around Liam. Both of them happen to be in the same boat, knowing that they won't be growing old. Fuck they most likely only have a few years left considering their conditions.

"Well of course he can't, he is literally the only one of us who haven't gotten a death sentence." Liam tries to laugh but his lungs can't handle it and he ends up gasping for air, taking the oxygen mask and starts to breathe in.

"Mr. Tomlinson." Their conversation is cut off by the kind voice of Dr. Whitlock.

"Linda!" Louis smiles bright to her and she just smiles back, knowing that that is the least she can do, considering she comes bearing bad news.

----
The response on the first chapter was incredibly!
I was planning to update this tomorrow but because of you guys I decided to just post it right now for you!

I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter and I'm looking forward to sharing more of this story with you.