11

Harry looks up from the couch every time the door opens, only to feel his heart sink every time someone enters that isn't Louis.

He have been sitting in the hang out room for hours now, having a clear view of the door leading out to the elevators where he knows Louis will be coming back through at any moment now... he have to come back.

"Hi." Harry is so deep in thought that he doesn't even notice when Niall sit down beside him, his voice makes the curly haired man jump a little.

"Hi.. you scared me." Harry tries to let a small laugh leave his lips when he says it, but it sounds more like a sigh.

"Sorry, are you waiting for Lou?"

"Yeah, I saw them roll him in for surgery earlier and just want to check on him when he gets back." He is a little embarrassed to admit it because he doesn't really feel like he have the right to be worried about the man, truth is that he barely knows him and Niall does.

"He will probably not be back for a couple more hours..." Niall says, knowing that Louis surgeries always tend to take many hours because of how complicated it is.

"That's okay, I will just sit here and wait." Feeling even more embarrassed, he can't believe he is doing this.

Niall doesn't judge him, because he knows the way that Harry is feeling right now. He used to sit in the exact same spot waiting for his friends to get out of surgery, it's the only thing you can do when you feel so hopeless.

"Do you want something to eat? I can get you a sandwich." Niall offers but Harry just shakes his head a little, not taking his eyes off from the door.

"Okay, I'll be in Liam's room if you need something... or just someone to talk to." Niall put his hand on Harry's shoulder giving it a little squeeze before standing up and leaving the room, only to look back when he reaches the door to look at the man.

Feeling sad for the man seeing the emotion in his eyes that he once felt, he might not know it yet but Niall sees it... loving someone who is sick is never easy.

Harry wakes up feeling sore in his whole body, he is still sitting on the couch but now he have a blanket over him, someone have put it over him when he was sleeping.

Zayn comes in to his view and he realise why he was on the couch, Louis.

"Zayn?" His voice is raspy from sleep and he isn't sure that Zayn heard him at first, but when the man comes over to the door of the room he smiles a little.

"Hey there sleepyhead." Zayn say with a joking tone to his voice.

"Louis... how is Louis?"

"He is back in his room, but haven't woken up from the surgery yet."

Harry stands up so fast that his brain doesn't comprehend it so he ends up losing his grip on the ground falling right back down on the couch.

"Take it easy" Zayn comes over and helps Harry stand up, he clings to the man still feeling like he can't trust his own legs.

They don't exchange anymore words, but Zayn knows.

Together they make their way out of the room, slowly walking down the hallway leading to Louis room. Harry is holding on to Zayn like his life depends on it, his legs feel heavy and his breathing isn't even close to normal.

The feeling of pressure on his chest is present, he can't even tell if it's his actual medical condition or if it's just the anxiety taking over his body.

When they reaches Louis room Zayn helps Harry sit down on the small couch that he have. Before leaving them he checks on Louis making sure that everything is looking okay.

Harry slowly stands up still not really trusting his own legs, he makes his way over to the bed looking at the man who is laying under the covers.

He have a beanie covering his bald head. Harry reaches out slowly letting his fingers touch Louis cheek, scared that he will break the older man if he touches him.

His fingers feel like electricity is going through them when they touch his soft skin.

If this was a movie Louis would have woken up by the gentle touch, but instead he stays asleep, not aware of the man who is having trouble placing all the feelings he is feeling.

He sits down in the chair that is placed beside the bed and slowly moves his hand to Louis hand, holding it gently, scared that he might hurt him.

Hours pass with Harry sitting down in the chair, he ends up falling asleep with his head on the edge of Louis bed.

That is how Louis finds him when he wakes up, still feeling weird from the anaesthesia.

He reaches out and lets his hand touch Harry's soft curls, trying not to wake him because he knows how hard it can be falling asleep in this place.

Slowly waking up more he lets his fingers move from his hair down to his arm, touching the exposed skin.

He bite his lips a little because he doesn't know what else to do with the feelings that are exploding inside of him.

---

I'm so sorry I haven't updated in a while, me and my boyfriend of many years have broken up and I haven't been feeling okay, it's also shitty because I have had to live in the same apartment as him for over a month and it doesn't make things easier. 

I'm moving on the first of April so hopefully I will be able to update more as soon as I'm getting settled in to my own place.