19

The words creates a tension in the air, because both men know it's nothing that they can know.

Harry let's out a small breath before opening his mouth to answer Louis.

"I will try my best." That is the closest to a promise he can give Louis, it's the only answer he can give with the smallest bit of comfort in it.

"You better." Louis lets out a little laugh trying to make the tension go away, but it's still so obvious, just like how the air feels when it's about to be thunder.

They stay there looking out of the window until Zayn enters the room to inform Louis about the date that they have set for his surgery.

December 19th.

He have 20 days until then, 20 days to decide if it's worth a shot or if he should just accept his faith.

Harry doesn't ask any questions about the surgery, he figured that Louis would tell him when he is ready.

Harry let's put a yawn and the older man reacts by looking at the watch that is hanging on the wall, it's almost 2am.

"We should get some sleep." Louis say before standing up moving over to the bed.

"Do you want to sleep in the couch or here?" Louis points to the spot beside him, it's not a lot of space but it's defiantly more inviting to Harry that sleeping on the couch.

He stands up walks over to the bed, he slips out of his clothes until he is only in his boxers.

Neither of them say anything when Harry slips in beside Louis under the white blanket.

The room is dark but Louis can still see the outlines of Harry's face, the way his lips look so kissable even when it's dark.

Their eyes meet and they just lay there looking at each other, it's like time stops around them and the hospital room just disappeared.

"I really want to kiss you." The words leave Harry's mouth in a small whisper before he can even process that he is saying it out loud.

"What's stopping you?" They both know it's a bad idea, someone will end up hurt. They are both sick and have no idea if the both of them will survive.

But there in the dark nothing of that matters, all that matters is the moment, this right here.

Harry closes the distance letting their lips touch, it's so gentle but with so much emotion. It's like they erase everything around them leaving the hospital and sickness behind, all that matters is the feeling of their lips against each other.

Harry can feel that Louis lips are dry and he makes it a mission to change that.

It's like time stops inside of the room while the world continues to rush on outside, nothing have ever felt so right before.

When their lips part Louis can't help but bite a little in his bottom lip, making sure he is awake and that it actually happened.

Neither of them say anything, not that they would know what to say in this situation. What do you say when you kiss someone you know is a bad idea to kiss?

The darkness surrounds them and slowly they both fall asleep there in the small hospital bed, close enough to feel each other's body heat.

When the nurse find them the next morning their limbs are tangled together and the white blanket halfway off the bed, the only thing keeping it from falling is the way Harry's leg is laying on top of it.

Inez just finished her studies and took a part time job in the hospital, she doesn't really have much experience but due to the hospital being extremely understaffed they took her in to do the most basic things.

"Hi, I'm sorry but your mother is here Harry." She says when she have woken the curly haired man, she is quiet so she won't wake up Louis something Harry appreciate because most people don't care and would just make both of them wake up.

He looks around the room still feeling tired, rubs his eyes to wake up a little, but it doesn't really help.

Before he leaves the room to face his mother he leaves a soft kiss on Louis forehead.

"I'll be back soon..." he whispers and leaves the sleeping man's room.