30

The dark surround them and the only sound is the faint noise from the people on the otherside of the door, nurses moving around working the night shift.

"I have surgery on Monday." There is a small tremble to his words, if Harry wasn't so focused on the other man he would have completely missed it.

"Are you scared?" There is no judgement in his voice when the question comes out, Louis inhale a sharp breath when Harry moves and let their fingers intertwine with each other.

"Terrified..."

Harry don't know what to say, what can he say? Both of them knows that words won't change what will happen.

"I'm scared of becoming blind... or dying..." Louis lets the first tear fall from his eyes and it's soon followed by a couple more.

He have never admitted out loud that he is scared, he don't want to die.

"I would be worried if you wasn't scared." Harry moves his other hand to Louis beanie and slowly take it of his head, leaning down leaving a small kiss on the other man's forehead.

"I'm not ready to die..." his voice cracks a little on the last word, breaking Harry's heart. The worst part of it all is that he can't change the outcome.

All he wants to do is take away Louis fears and tell him that everything is going to be fine, but he can't. He don't know what will happen and it honestly scares the living shit out of him.

The silence surrounds them and for the first time both of them wish's that the silence wasn't so loud. But neither of them can find the right words to say, so they don't say anything.

Louis didn't even realize he was falling asleep until the next morning when he woke up alone in Harry's bed. He looks around the room searching for the other man but there is no sign of him.

Just when he starts to feel awful and worried he hears the shower turn on in the bathroom. He considers walking in and join Harry in the shower, but the throbbing pain in his head stops him before he can even sit up from the bed.

It's been a while since his head hurt this much, but then again he cried a lot yesterday and that usually makes things worse. He closes his eyes and pull the blanket over his head to get some darkness. The white sheets don't help that much with canceling the light out.

His sight is blurrier than usual and he knows that it probably won't get better before the surgery.

"Hi." He didn't even notice Harry returning until the man put his hand on the blanket removing it from his head.

Harry realizes by the way Louis is holding his head that the man is in pain. He puts back the blanket, then pulls on a pair of sweatpants and a white tee, his hair leaving small drops of water on his shoulders.

He don't care that he want able to completely dry off before hurrying outside to hopefully find Zayn or someone else that knows what to do.