19 | Math Problems

I don't know why mother nature hates us.

"I swear the skies were clear before your practice ended." I say, loud enough for Tobio to hear over the rain's 'pitter patters' on the pavement.

"You're a terrible weatherman" He responds in a monotone voice.

The jacket he has on once again lacks a hood, his hair being weighed down by the water.

Luckily it wasn't pouring, or thundering. So we weren't too bad off, this time at least.

We had decided the previous night we would study at my house. Apparently my house 'smells nice', and it 'helps him focus'. We had to walk a little further than normal to reach it though, making this walk even more dreadful.

We walked down the street with hurried strides, him walking slightly in front of me.

My house came into sight in the distance, a small smile spreading across my face as I realized we were close to being out of this lousy weather.

I hear Tobio let out a sigh of relief, and then suddenly, he broke out into a full on sprint in the direction of my front door.

"Hey, wait up!" I yell, running after him.

His athleticism really showed here, him making it to the door at least a full minute before me.

"Hurry up, I'm cold!" He yells, a smirk plastered on his face.

Sly bastard.

"Im- trying" I shouted between breaths. This was where my utter lack of athleticism showed.

When I finally reached the door, my hands glued themselves to my knees as I tried to catch my breath. I could feel Tobio's smirk still linger, he knew I wouldn't be able to keep up.

"You should really keep up next time." He says, his tone a bit mischievous.

I jump up and start looking for my house key, "Oh shut up, mr. volleyball."

"Not my fault you're out of shape".

I finally find the key, deep in the bottom of my bag under my books. It fumbles around in my drenched hands before it eventually slides into the keyhole.

The door unlocks and we both bust through into the house.

Water drips from off of our clothes, onto the ground.

Puddles form under our feet, before joining together.

I stood at the door, leaning the back of my head against it. I was still catching my breath from the marathon I had just run without my consent. Although, I enjoyed seeing Tobio run.

I watched as Tobio took his shoes off.

And then his shirt.

"What are you doing?" I asked softly. My body stiffened, I did not expect this.

He ran his hands through his hair, and it unstuck itself from his forehead.

His sapphire iris' then flicked towards me, "Taking my wet clothes off."

He looked me up and down, and then turned his head back towards to wall,

"You probably should too," he said, "before you get sick."

I walked beside him and put my hand on his shoulder.

"You could've at least gone into the bathroom before you undressed." I said, my face glowing red.

I continue walking upstairs, heading to my bedroom. I was still drenched in rain water that dripped onto the floor everywhere I walked.

When I made it to my bedroom, I closed the door and locked it. I walked over to my closet and got some warm, comfortable clothes to wear while we studied.