13 | A New Beginning

I sit on the roof with Kageyama, both of us finished with our lunch. Hinata was supposed to join us but, no surprise, he's working on some volleyball techniques.

Kageyama stands, reaching a hand towards me to help me up.

"Wanna go to the vending machine with me?" He ask flatly. I nod and take his hand.

We walk down the various staircases, making our way towards the vending machine beside the gym. I look up to kageyama, the collar from his uniform covering his mouth due to his face being tilted down slightly.

"So," I begin, "I really don't want to ask you this but they're making me." I mumble.

He looks over to meet my gaze, "What is it?"

I sigh, "My parents insist you come eat dinner with us sometime, you up for it?"

"Sure" he says. His response was quick, like he didn't even need to think about it.

"Are you sure? You know how they are, and last time you met them it was not the best." I say. We all remember last time, I do at least. My parents are a nightmare sometimes.

"I'll manage." He says, his voice muffled from his uniform.

I smile and look back to the halls in front of us. He's been very adamant about doing stuff with me lately, and I don't exactly know why. I expected him to say he didn't want to eat with my parents, last time they made him obviously uncomfortable.

Maybe he's one for second chances...

I was shaken from my thoughts when I felt a tap on my shoulder. We had reached the vending machine and Kageyama looked down to me.

"You want something?" He asks.

I shake my head, "Thank you though."

He shrugs his shoulders and then stares at the vending machine for a good minute before pressing two buttons at the same time, milk falling down into the 'pickup' area of the machine.

I shoot him a confused look which he doesn't notice until he turns back towards me, milk in hand. "What?" he asks.

"Why did you do that?" I ask, gesturing the action with my hand.

He looks back to the vending machine and then back to me, "I couldn't decide." He says flatly.

I giggle, "You're weird, you know that?" I say. He nods slightly and we both laugh.

Suddenly the bell rings, meaning class would start soon. I close my eyes before turning to Kageyama.

"I'll see you later" I say. He nods and we say our goodbyes, our classes being farther away from each other.

Sometimes I really hate school.

I rush down the halls of the building, dodging groups of people to make my way to my class.

All of a sudden I stumble backwards, almost losing my balance. I really cannot go one day without running into someone, "Im sor-" I look up and see who I ran into.

Standing in front of me was the french fry of the volleyball club, in the flesh. I wasn't going to apologize to this goon, not after that stunt he pulled a couple of weeks ago.

"Sorry." He says, his voice nonchalant. I feel my face heat up a little, annoyance taking over.

"Yeah, okay." I say, displeasure behind my voice. I push past him and continue to walk towards my class, but the whole time I can feel him stare.

I want to be nice to him, but you get what you give. Nothing less,

And nothing more.

-------------------------------

I walked inside of my empty house, a usual state for a Monday. As I started to walk towards the stair to go to my room I saw a note, larger than usual, posted onto the refrigerator.

~

Hey (y/n),

We've noticed that the house is getting very dirty over the week when we are away, so we want you to clean every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday from now on. Please make an effort to just keep things neat and tidy.

As always we love and miss you, please do not get into trouble, follow the rules... you know the drill.

Love,

Mom and Dad

~

My face drops and I stare at the note for a moment. They couldn't have told me this yesterday? While they were here? Whatever.

I set my school bag down onto the dining room table and began to tidy up the house. I start with organizing the shelves, then wash dishes, then laundry, etc. Usually I would wait to do everything until Friday because I procrastinate like that, but today I felt like cleaning could calm me down after a long day at school.

Let's just say, I was wrong.

A knock at my door interrupts my cleaning and I rush around to put things away. "Coming" I yell to the visitor.

After I put the last cleaning supply away I rush to the door and open it.

There stood the french fry once again, but this time he was on my doorstep. I stood in shock for a couple of seconds, how did he get my address?

"Hey", his voice shook me from my thoughts, but I could feel my anger bubbling up inside me again.

I slightly close my door, where only half of my body was showing, "How did you get my address?" I ask.

He does a side glance then looks back over to me, "Kageyama." He says quietly.

More anger engulfed me and I could feel my face becoming a darker shade of crimson every second. My hands grip the door even tighter, my knuckles turning white from it. I can't believe this.

His voice breaks my thoughts, "Okay look, I want to apologize." he says. His tone was very quiet, but just enough for me to hear him. I perk up my head to look at him directly, his eyes dart around to different things. I assume he doesn't want to make eye contact, he must feel awkward.

As he should.

"Continue." I say teasingly, opening the door a little more. I see his face drop and he turns around to walk away.

I run out the door after him, "No come back." I whine as I approach behind him.

"Nope, you ruined it." He says as he walks fast paced down the street.

"Oh come on, just admit you were a dick" I whine.

He stops abruptly and turns to face me, making me almost run into him again in the process, "I was being a dick" he says sternly.

"Thank you. Now, I'm sorry for being rude to you in return for your salty attitude." I say with a smile.

He rolls his eyes, "Can we start over, I don't want to be enemies."

I nod. His hand extends towards me, "Im Kei Tsukishima".

I shake his hand, "Im (f/n) (l/n)."

------------------

Hello :)

There might not be another update for a week or so because I have to babysit for my cousin... She has to have a baby so its probably better she doesnt have a toddler to take care of as well as a baby

I just wanted to let you guys know

Ok bye :)