8 | Connections and Confrontations

"Where are we going?" I asked.

It was after all of the daily classes, when Kageyama had practice. Though he was supposed to be practicing, he dragged me towards the gym. He was in his usual practice attire, so he at least showed up before rallying me up.

"You'll see." He said flatly.

A frown spread across my face and I let him continue to pull me towards the large gym. We entered and immediately turned their heads to look at us. Hinata saw us and waved enthusiastically.

"Hi (l/n)!" He yelled as he waved. I waved back and blushed out of embarrassment, I wasn't used to this many people looking at me at one time.

The captain walked over and introduced himself to me.

"Hello, I'm Daichi Sawamura." he said as he stuck his hand out for me to shake. His tone sounded very gentle and mature. Non-threatening, which made me feel a little more comfortable.

I shook his hand and he flashed me a welcoming smile, which made me smile a little in response. He turned to the rest of the team, who were still staring at me may I add, and spoke.

"Everyone, this is (l/n), she is going to come watch us at our first practice match." He said to the boys on the court. "I want you guys to get used to her being around... i'm sure she'll be around for a while." he continued.

What's that supposed to mean?

I looked to Kageyama and tapped his shoulder. "What is this?" I asked in a whisper.

He looked back to me and smiled slightly, "Connections."

My heart fluttered and I smiled... He said he would help, and he's actually trying to.

"Kageyama smiled!" Hinata yelled and pointed.

The dark haired boy's face dropped and his head snapped in Hinata's direction. "No I didn't you dumbass!" He yelled at him.

As they argued I looked around the room to the rest of the team. They weren't paying attention to me at this point, just the fact that Kageyama showed emotion and that they were arguing for probably the fourteenth time today.

The tall blonde and the olive haired boys caught my eye. They were the jerks I saw giving Hinata and Kageyama the first day of school. Hopefully they don't mess with me, depending on my mood I'll either cry or throw hands.

Daichi yelled for everyone to go back to practice and Kageyama turned to me. "Okay you can leave now if you want." he said.

"What?" I said sassilly, "You brought me here to introduce me and then you tell me I can leave?" I asked.

"Yeah pretty much." He said. Kageyama is probably the most confusing person I have ever met in my life. He bent down and looked at me eye-level.

"I'll explain more later, okay?" He asked. I nodded and he trotted onto the court to join practice. I waved to the remaining members still looking at me and walked out of the doors, making my way to my house.

-------------------------------------

I leaned against the wall on the backside of the gym. After I walked out earlier, I decided that I would stay until after their practice to walk with Kageyama for a bit. He said he would explain later, and frankly I don't wanna text forever.

"(l/n)? Why are you still here?"

I turned to see Hinata, standing there with a confused look on his face.

After a second he got a smirk, "Are you waiting for Kageyama?".

I blushed and looked down at the ground. I was never gonna hear the end of it from these boys. "Yes, actually." I replied. Hinata giggled quietly and walked over to stand next to me.

"Y'know, before you showed up... he never really showed any positive emotions as far as the team saw. That's why it was so amazing when we saw him smile at you." Hinata said.

So he really was emotionless around everyone else. I noticed this before, but I brushed it off when he would always smile around me.

I turned to Hinata, "Really?" I asked.

About that time Kageyama turned the corner. "Hey" I said with wide eyes. He kind of startled me.

"How did you know we were here?" Hinata asked. He sounded defeated, like he was trying to hide, even though he wasn't exactly being quiet.

"I could hear your voice dumbass." He said flatly. He then turned to me, "What are you still doing here?"

"You said you would explain more later, so here I am." I said, trying to act as if we weren't just talking about him.

I felt flattered that I was the only one to see his happy side on the regular. It made me feel, liked, for once.

"Earth to (l/n)" I saw a hand wave in front of my face and snapped out of my thoughts. They were both staring at me, like I was turning purple or something.

"Right, let's start walking-" I bumped into a tall figure and stumbled back. I looked up to see the tall blonde boy, alone this time. His glasses glinted under the streetlights, making him look very intimidating.

"If it isn't the Queen." He said slyly, his eyebrows narrowed towards me.

"What the hell are you talking about?" My tone was snarky. He caught me in the 'throw hands' mood.

"Oh he hasn't told you, has he?" He asked, a smirk appearing on his face. I cocked my head. I was confused, but I was also already done with this guy.

"On the king's middle school team, everyone stopped talking to him because he-" My hand was jerked and suddenly I was being pulled down the street, once again, by Kageyama.

I looked at his face, he looked furious... as if he didn't walk away he would've done something he would have regretted.

Hinata trailed behind us, his legs struggling to keep up as he pushed his bike along beside him. "Kageyama you can let go of her now." Hinata said concerned.

Kageyama let go and slowed his pace down, "Sorry." he mumbled. I stopped and watched him walk off in front of me, Hinata soon walking beside me. I looked down to my hand, which was now red from his tight grip. He must've been really mad.

"Are you okay?" Hinata asked. He looked down to my hand, but I quickly hid it. I didn't want them to argue while Kageyama was this worked up... it could end badly.

"Im fine." I said softly.

I looked back up to where Kageyama was. He had stopped and was now facing us. He threw his hands up to get our attention.

"Are you guys coming or what?" He yelled. I looked to Hinata before briskly walking towards Kageyama.

This was going to be a long walk home.