7 | On My Doorstep

"Okay, we'll be back in a couple hours." My mom said as she closed the door.

"Bye!" I said with a smile. This was the time I could lay around in my room and nap.

I walked up to my room and flopped on my mountain of pillows. Oh, how I loved sleep. It was the one time I didn't have to talk to anyone, and I had a valid excuse not to, because I'm unconscious.

*ding dong*

"Uhhhh" I groaned as I stood back on my feet. Of course as soon as I lay down the doorbell rings. I looked in the mirror and fixed up my appearance a bit so I looked at least a little presentable.

I was wearing baggy grey sweatpants and a baggy shirt, so I wasn't completely presentable by any means, but the least I could do was make my hair look decentish... you never know who could be at the door.

I walked down the stairs briskly and went to the door. My hand met the handle and turned it slowly before pulling the door open.

In front of me was Kageyama, straight faced.

"Hi" I said, my face visible with shock. He was one of the last people I expected to be at my doorstep at this time of day.

"Hey, can I ask you something?" He asked. I nodded and dug my nails into my palm. That made me nervous.

"We have a practice match Wednesday, do you want to come watch? Hinata told me you have an interest in volleyball..."

I never said I had an interest in volleyball... but, I do enjoy watching matches.

"(l/n)?" He asked. His words shook me from my thoughts and I bounced back to reality.

"Would I be intruding? I don't want to intrude." My voice was tight... nervousness took over me. Was he thinking of me?

"No you wouldn't, I already cleared it with Daichi and Coach, they said you have to find a ride over though if that's ok." He said.

Daichi must be the captain's name... well I guess if they both cleared it I should be fine. Who could drive me though? I guess I could ask my neighbor, she's always offering to do anything to help.

"That can be arranged." I said with a smile. I was actually really excited... but it's better not to get my hopes up.

Out of the corner of my eye, I saw my parents peeking over the bush that bordered the front yard from the sidewalk. "Oh my god" I muttered.

"What?" Kageyama asked before turning around to look at the scene. After he saw he turned back to me, "Who are they?" He asked.

"My parents," I said quietly, "What are you doing?" I asked them. They stood up casually and sauntered towards the two of us. They had this look on their faces, and I just knew they were gonna say something stupid.

"We forgot our wallets." My dad said. His voice was pitchy, that was obviously a lie to cover up that they were spying. I sighed and rubbed my temples. They give me a headache.

Kageyama was visibly uncomfortable, and I don't blame him. My parents stood there, smiling goofily as they observed him... looked him up and down.

"Are you Kageyama?" My mom asked. He looked at me and I just mouthed the words 'i'm sorry' to him before he turned back towards them.

"Yes, nice to meet you." He stuck his hand out to her and she gratefully took it, shaking it aggressively.

My dad snuck up behind my mom and poked his head over her shoulder, "Hi we're (y/n)'s parents" He said.

Kageyama just sat there, my mom still shaking his hand. I huffed and spoke: "Mom, you can stop now."

"Oh." She said as she stopped abruptly.

"Okay!" I said fake enthusiastically as I pulled Kageyama to the sidewalk.

"I'll see you monday, okay?" I asked. He nodded and I waved him away before my parents could embarrass me more than they already had. Not to mention they made him uncomfortable too.

My mom frowned and so did my dad. "We wanted to get to know him though." My mom said with a pouty face.

I shook my head and shooed them away, "Go run, I know you don't need your wallets for that."

They walked off into the evening light before running down the street. I sighed of relief and walked back inside.

I pulled my phone out and texted my apologies.

(y/n): i am so sorry

Blueberry Boy: It's okay, I totally understand

(y/n): you looked uncomfortable, that's why I shooed you away so abruptly

Blueberry Boy: thanks for that btw

(y/n): Np, I know how my parents are... plus they've always wanted me to make friends, so you're a savior for them.

Blueberry Boy: Are you a lone wolf?

(y/n): Most of the time, but recently I've yearned more for connections

Yeah, friends and... more than friends...

Blueberry Boy: Well I can help with that

(y/n): How is that?

Blueberry Boy: You'll see, monday

(y/n): ooookay, well I'm gonna nap

Blueberry Boy: Sleep well

I walked slowly up the steps, almost tripping several times as I texted. When I finally reached my bed, it felt a million times softer than before. I was so tired. I remember cuddling a pillow before drifting swiftly to sleep.

-------------

Ive noticed my timeline is kind of off from where i wanted it to be... So the timeline is just kinda yolo'ing now

Oops