5 | Crushes

I walked down the street towards the park Kageyama and I agreed to meet up at. It was currently only 11 pm, so I was gonna get there a little earlier than expected.

Everything was quiet, it would be very peaceful if it wasn't sort of unsettling. Nobody being on the streets freaks me out a little bit, it's always been that way for me.

Before long I reached the entrance of the park. I thought back to the previous visit to this park, where I bumped into Kageyama, quite literally. I thought about his kind demeanor that night, the reflection of the stars in his eyes, the moonlight gracing his features.

I smiled and walked into the park, trotting along until I found a flat spot in the grass. I pulled the blanket out of my bag and laid it on the ground, before sitting on it to avoid getting my clothes dirty.

Then I waited.

After a while I found myself lying down, just looking up into the sky. I looked at my phone and checked the time, it was only 11:28.

I felt someone lay down beside me.

"You're early." The dark haired boy said. I smiled and looked over to him.

"So are you." I replied.

I watched his stoic expression turn into a smile as he looked back at me. We kept eye contact for at least five minutes, before he broke it and looked up into the sky. I huffed quietly and also looked up.

"So, why did you want to meet up so suddenly?" Kageyama asked. I shrugged and moved into a sitting position. He sat up beside me and cocked his head to the side. "You don't know?" he asked sarcastically.

"I didn't really have a reason." I replied. He shot a frustrated look my way and exhaled heavily.

I turned his way, his body only being a few inches away from mine. I shook myself from my nervousness and spoke: "What?"

"I thought you needed something important." He said with a smirk on his face. I gasped and looked at him in pretend shock. "Our friendship's not important?" I asked playfully.

I saw a light flash behind him, and before he could respond, I shot my hands behind him and caught the light. As my hands flew past his head I could see him jump from being frightened.

"Sorry." I said, my voice laced with a slight laugh. He looked at my hands, they were made into a dome, one on top of the other. I opened them to reveal a small bug. Every once in a while it's bottom would light up like a christmas light and illuminate our faces.

The firefly sat in my hand for only a moment before flying off into the night. I looked over to Kageyama, he was smiling sweetly as he watched it fly away. I giggled softly like a little fan girl until he looked back at me.

Our eyes met and my mind went dead silent. His blue orbs hypnotized me. They looked like an ocean, so deep and graceful. I couldn't break eye contact no matter how hard I tried.

The show was over when Kageyama stood up and stuck his hand out towards me. "Wanna go for a walk?" he asked.

I grabbed his hand. "Sure ocean eyes." I said with a smirk.

"Is that my new nickname?" He asked and I nodded. He laughed and helped me fold the blanket I had laid on the ground.

After all of my stuff was packed up into my bag we took off across the park. I looked over to Kageyama, who was walking with a very determined look on his face.

"Where are we going?" I asked him. He grabbed my hand and kept walking, "You'll see".

I felt my cheeks heat up as the blood rushed to my face. I couldn't deny it this point. I had been trying all week to clear this boy out of my head, but he never left my brain. I looked at the boy in front of me and sighed.

I have a crush on Kageyama...

We walked briskly until we came to the top of a mountain, the other side so steep it was almost a cliff. Kageyama looked at me and smiled. "We're here." he said.

I looked at my surroundings, very confused as to where and why we were here. "What is here exactly?" I asked.

Kageyama pointed out into the distance over the cliff and spoke: "If we wait until dawn breaks, we can watch the sunrise right in front of us. It's really beautiful." he said.

I sat down and took in the scenery. It really was a beautiful place, probably even more beautiful when the sun is rising.

"How did you find this place?" I asked. He shrugged and sat down beside me. "Random chance I guess." he said. I nodded and continued looking into the distance.

I felt myself start to get tired and my head felt heavy. I laid my head onto Kageyama's shoulder, hoping he would be fine with it. My worries were suppressed when I felt his head lean on top of mine, which let me actually relax. It was peaceful, very peaceful.

--------------------------------

Kageyama's POV

I sat there, letting the tranquil girl lay against my shoulder. I couldn't tell if her goal was to fall asleep or let her eyes rest, but either way, since I insisted we stay until sunrise the least I could do was let her sleep. Besides, I didn't mind.

I felt the girls breathing slow and soon she was fast asleep. I tilted my head just enough to see her face, it was very relaxed. She must've been sleeping well.

The sitting position we were in quickly became very uncomfortable and painful for me. I looked over to (l/n), and she hadn't moved, besides her mouth being slightly opened. I took this opportunity to switch positions.

I held her head in it's same place as I laid down on the grass beneath me, then laid her head on my chest when I was comfortable. Thankfully she didn't wake up, and as I continued to lie there I also felt tired. I slowly let my body relax and dozed off, thinking of the past events of that night.