21 | Happy Birthday

"Someone throw me the streamers, we're gonna run out of time!" My mom yelled across the yard.

She always gets so stressed when we have events at the house. Everything has to be spotless inside and outside of the house, we have to be well decorated for the event, we all must be well dressed, and many more things she chooses to nit pick.

Last time we had a party, it was for my parents' big achievement at work. Lets just say that, I was yelled at a lot that night.

'Not dressed up enough'.

'Terrible manners.'

It never ends.

My dads always fine though, except for the fact that he turns into my mom's slave.

"Hello? Where is my husband, I need streamers!" She yells again, louder than the first time.

My dad scrambles out of the back door, "I'm sorry, I'm coming!" He yells, baby blue streamers grasped in between his fingers.

"Thank god, it took you long enough." She snaps.

I sigh and turn around to face Tobio, who had just placed a tray of cookies on the table behind me.

He looks at me and his face softens, "What's wrong with you?" He asks softly.

I glance back at my parents and sigh, "I hate when they act like this, especially in front of guests." I say, gesturing towards him.

He turns his head back down, arranging silverware and other things around the table, "Well I don't mind it." He says with a small smile.

He doesn't act like this a lot, he's very soft today.

"What's wrong with you?" I ask, poking his side.

He jumps back a little bit, and then glares at me. Yep, I broke it.

"Nothing, I'm trying to be happy for your birthday." He says.

I glare at him, smirking as he glared back at me. Sometimes his glare scares me, but I know he can't be mean to me, or he would have already.

"I don't like you." He says before walking back inside the house.

I giggle and shout behind him, "Yeah, you know you love me Tobio."

----------------

Hinata bounces around the backyard, Tobio groggily following him around to make sure he didn't break anything. He looks at every decoration in awe, but everytime he'd try to touch one, Tobio would slap him on the wrist, and everytime he'd let out a small yelp, like a tiny dog.

I stood in the corner with Tsukishima, who I learned is also not a party person.

Even though the only guests were the first years off of the volleyball team and some of my relatives, I still didn't want to be sociable.

Tsukishima and I watched as, across the yard, Yamaguchi nervously tried to pour some punch in a cup.

The punch was held in a bowl, with a ladle to transport it from the bowl to a cup. Yamaguchi held the ladle with his trembling hand, punch going everywhere except the inside of his cup.

I looked to Tsukishima, "Should we help him?" I asked quietly.

He shook his head, "No, I think he's just fine." He said with a smirk.

"Whatever you say, glasses." I reply.

I could feel Tsukishima's eyes fixed on me, the annoyance he felt towards me.

Yamaguchi finally gets his cup filled and walks back towards us. He holds the cup up to Tsukishima, sort of as an offering.

"Here you go Tsukki, sorry I took so long." He says with a smile.

He is such a bastard.

I turn to Tsukishima, "You are evil."

He smirks and takes the punch from Yamaguchi, keeping the smirk as he drinks it.

I roll my eyes and walk towards my house, I can't deal with four eyes right now.

I open the back door and walk inside the kitchen. Tobio stood there talking to my parents, them all turning to me all at once.

I fixed my attention on Tobio who looked between my parents and I with a confused, and somewhat panicked, look on his face

I, also confused, looked to my parents. I could already tell, they were angry.

My mom motioned me over to her, to which I followed. As I walked up my mom looked to Tobio, him frantically walking away after she spoke to him.

"What did you say to him, he's never that panicked." I said with a slight giggle.

My mom's face never changed expressions, staying wrinkled from the angry look she was giving me. My father looked disappointed, he shook his head which was buried in his hands.

I looked between them and then spoke, "Did I do something wrong?" I asked.

"You disobeyed us." My mom said flatly.

I looked at her, confused.

What is she talking about?

"Huh?" I asked with a giggle.

"You're not going to be laughing when I tell you you're grounded." She said.

"What did I do? Are you serious?" I asked her in a hush tone, I didn't want the others to hear.

My mom just looked down at me, along with my dad. The anger growing within me coursed through my veins, my blood and skin feeling warmer than before.

I don't know what this man told them, but he was about to regret it.

I stormed away from my parents and out the back doors. There Tobio stood, talking to Hinata and Tsukishima. The two middle blockers stood still, their eyes were wide as Tobio spoke to them. After a second, Tsukishima glanced over towards me. I saw him mouth the words 'uh oh' before dragging Hinata off with him to another part of the yard.

Tobio turned, his frantic eyes meeting mine.

"Tobio lets go, NOW!" I yelled loudly. Everyone in the yard looked my way. Most of them hadn't seen me like this before, but at this moment I didn't care very much.

Tobio quickly made his way over to me, to which I grabbed his wrist tightly and dragged him to the bathroom. I locked the door behind us, and look him in the eyes.

"I'm so sorry, I didn't know it would get you in trouble." He said bowing several times.

"What did you even say to them?" I whispered in an angry tone.

"I told them I was thankful that they let me stay here overnight, y'know because I was trying to be polite." He whisper-yelled back.

"Well your 'politeness' got me grounded, because no ones supposed to sleep overnight. That's one of their only rules, Tobio. I can't believe-"

"I'm sorry I'm such a screw up to you (y/n), I can leave if you don't want me here." He yelled angrily.

He did not go there.

"Fine, leave. I didn't ask you to be here." I yell back, gesturing towards the door.

"Fine." He mumbles.

Tears well up in my eyes, I didn't mean to blow up on him like that.

He opened the bathroom door, and when he was halfway through he turned around slightly to face me.

"Fuck you." He mumbled sternly.

He walked out of the bathroom, then out of the front door, and just like that-

He was gone.

He was gone, and I was back to nothing. Nothing, absolutely nothing.