3 | Blueberry Boy

"Are you okay?" The figure spoke. The voice sounded familiar, but I couldn't put my finger on it.

I still couldn't move, I just stared at the figure, speechless. He reached his hand out and got closer to me. I saw the glare of blue eyes as a distant street light lit up the strangers face.

Realization hit me and I let out a sigh of relief. My body collapsed under me and I was suddenly just laying on the ground gathering my thoughts.

"Oh my god I killed her." Kageyama mumbled under his breath. He sounded distressed so I replied to make him feel better.

"No, I'm fine, you just scared me." I said while still breathing heavily. "Hi blueberry boy." I said as a breathy laugh left my lungs.

"Blueberry boy?" He asked. I guess he didn't recognize my voice... which is understandable we've only talked once.

"It's better than stupid blueberry, don't ya think?" I said playfully, hoping he would get what I mean. I'm usually straightforward with things, but I don't have to be serious all the time do I?

"Oh you're Hinata's friend." His tone sounded a bit like he was disappointed. I scoffed and gathered myself as I stood up. "Hey, do you not like me or something?".

"No it's not that, I'm just tired, so I don't have much emotion." He said quietly. I looked at him and furrowed my eyebrows.

He doesn't have much emotion ever.

It was silent for a second before I broke the silence, "So what are you doing here?" I asked curiously. I really was curious, but I mainly asked because the silence was creeping me out. It was too quiet...

He looked at the sky, the lights of the moon and stars reflecting in his eyes making them look like a galaxy. "Couldn't sleep." he said.

I admired his complexion in the moonlight, he really was attractive. I didn't notice how attractive he was until now and that bothers me, because I always notice when someones attractive. I shook my thoughts away and joined him, looking at the sky. I could see thousands of stars up there, accompanied by the moon.

A flash in the sky caught my eye and I gasped happily. I pointed at the sky and said exactly what I was thinking.

"Look Kageyama, a shooting star, make a wish!". After I said this I looked over at him and he had his eyes closed, wishing I'd assumed. After a couple of seconds he opened his eyes back up and turned his head to look at me.

"I never learned your name." He said. I blushed and looked at the ground. Him even remotely looking at me just made me flustered now. I took a deep breath and spoke.

"My name is (y/n) (l/n)." I smiled and looked back up at him, the moonlight was now lighting his whole face up. He smiled back at me and I felt my face heat up.

I took my jacket and laid it on the ground before laying on top of it. I stared at the sky, enjoying the sight of all of the stars once again. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Kageyama sit beside me, also looking at the sky. I was still really tired from sprinting earlier, so my body started to relax, as well as my mind.

My eyes started feeling heavy, so I sat back up to prevent myself from sleeping in a random park in the middle of the night. I turned to Kageyama and let out a sigh. I didn't want to leave, but maybe it would be better if I did.

"I think it's time I go back home, I'm drained." I said to him. He looked at me and shook his head. I furrowed my eyebrows in response to this.

"I'll walk you home, I don't trust people." He said. I looked at him with a confused face. Why would he bother doing that? "Are you sure?" I asked.

"I don't mind, I live close" He said nonchalantly. I smiled and stood up, Kageyama doing the same. I led him down the street, walking kind of slow due to me being sore from sprinting like a maniac towards the park.

The walk back to my house was pretty much silent, besides my humming. I was so tired I didn't even realize I was humming. I don't usually hum in front of people because some people think it's annoying. Kageyama's voice broke me from my trance.

"What song is that?" He asked. I turned to him and let out a questioning 'hm'. He turned his head towards me and clarified: "You were humming". He said.

"Oh, I didn't even notice. Im sorry." I apologized. He shook his head before speaking again.

"Don't apologize, I actually enjoyed it." His face stoic as he said this.

I blushed and looked forward, and thankfully my house was just ahead. I sighed in relief, I could finally escape my embarrassment. I looked over to Kageyama and pointed to my house. He nodded and started heading over with me.

We reached my doorstep, and I unlocked and opened my door. I turned towards Kageyama and said my thanks.

"Thank you for walking me home, it made me feel a lot safer, but are you going to be okay walking to your house?" I asked. I didn't want him to get hurt either honestly.

"I'll be fine." He reassured me. "Do you want to exchange numbers, we can be friends if you'd like." He kicked at the ground and I smiled. He's just like me, searching for friends...

A lonely crow...

I nodded and gave him my phone, I trusted him enough at this point to not snoop.

He looked at me and smiled before he grabbed the phone and put his number in. He gave the phone back, and I looked at him confused. He had left the name line blank.

"Put what you want." He said as he turned back. I waved to him as he walked off down the street, and walked inside when he was out of sight.

I looked down at my phone and contemplated what to set his name as in my phone, before I smiled with the perfect name in mind.

Blueberry boy