11 | The Great King

I arrived in front of the Aoba Johsai gymnasium, waving to my neighbor as she drove off. She agreed to drop me off today, saying she had to go to a business meeting around here in an hour anyway.

The gym looked to be pretty big, as well as the school itself. Aoba Johsai was one of the schools I thought about going to if something went wrong with Karasuno, but I'm glad I chose Karasuno...

For several reasons.

The volleyball club was already here, they arrived early to warm up and stuff like that. I was nervous to walk in, I would be the only kind of audience in there besides the coaches and managers... I was just gonna sit in the corner and watch really.

My hand met the door handle and I opened the door, walking inside. All eyes landed on me as I entered, coupled by several waves from the Karasuno team. I awkwardly waved back and walked to the back corner, where I would be out of the way.

Even while the two teams practiced, some eyes were still on me. What caught my eye was that the tall blonde guy was staring at me. I glared back at him, ready to pop off if he were to say something.

But to my dismay, he didn't.

-----------------------------------------

I stood outside, staring off into the sunset ahead of me. The game had ended, so I had walked outside to wait for the team so I could talk with them before they leave.

"Hello." I heard from behind me. It didn't sound like a voice I had heard before, so I turned to see who it was.

There stood Aoba Johsai's captain, the guy with the powerful serve... it kind of freaked me out when I imagined standing on the receiving end of one of those.

"I've never seen you around here before, are you new? Or lost?" he looked to be a nice person, he looked genuinely concerned.

"No, I go to Karasuno. I came to watch them play." I said sweetly.

He walked towards me and put his hand on my shoulder.

"(l/n)?" Hinata's voice flooded my ears from behind and I turned to greet him.

"Hey Hinata, what's up?" I ask.

His face was lit up, like he had just gotten a new puppy from his parents. "Do you know the great king?" He asked.

The guy behind me laughed, "Great king, I kind of like that."

"Get away from her Oikawa." I heard a stern voice say. I look over to see Kageyama, standing with his fists clenched at his sides.

Oh, this was Oikawa. The guy who's attitude was worse than the french fry's.

"Look who came to say hi to me, Im flattered." Oikawa said behind me.

Kageyama looked livid, like he wanted to kill someone. "Get away from her." he said.

I looked between the two boys, there was obvious tension hanging in the air. So much it made me uncomfortable.

"Hey i'm-"

I'm cut off by Oikawa, "And what are you gonna do about it little Tobio?"

"Guys stop." I say sternly. They both look at me, Oikawa with a cocky look on his face and Kageyama with a furious one.

Daichi turns the corner, followed by the rest of the team. All of the attention turned to them. "What is going on?" he asks.

Kageyama walks over to me, glaring at Oikawa the entire time. He grabs my hand, "Nothing. Let's go" he said flatly.

He pulled me through the crowd of volleyball players, everyone silent until I heard Tanaka speak. I look back and everyone is either holding Tanaka back from Oikawa, or staring at Kageyama and I.

I look back to Kageyama, whose face is as red as a tomato. I didn't know where he was going, but I let him pull me once again.

We went around the building to a place where no one could see us. He let go of my hand and started pacing around, I guess blowing off steam.

"I hate him." He mumbles under his breath.

He continued to mumble as he paced back and forth. I could still hear the rest of the team in the distance, but I couldn't hear Tanaka's usual yelling, so I assumed Oikawa had left or something.

"Hey, Kageyama." I said, stopping him in his tracks. He stopped mumbling and pacing, turning all of his attention towards me.

I stood there for a second, being put on the spot shook me for a second.

"I could've handled myself." I say sternly. There are certain times where I want to be protected, not now though.

He pouts slightly and looks down, "I know." he says softly. Putting his back against the brick wall of the building, he slides down it and puts his head in his hands.

I know where he's coming from and he's obviously stressed, so I stop pestering him and sit beside him against the wall.

"I appreciate you caring about me though." I say softly, leaning my head on his shoulder.

I hear the shuffling of footsteps round the corner and I look up to meet Sugawara. He looks to be worried, and honestly I can't blame him. None of them except Hinata know what happened, so I can't imagine what could be running through his head right now.

He looked back and forth between the two of us, Kageyama's head still in his hands, his breathing slow. His eyes finally locked onto mine as he mouthed the words 'what happened'.

I shook my head and mouthed back, 'don't worry about it'. Sugawara sighed and looked back to Kageyama.

"Kageyama, we have to go, the bus is leaving." he said in a low tone.

I felt Kageyama shift beside me before raising his head to meet Sugawara's gaze.

"I'm coming." he said. Suga nodded before walking back around the corner, making his way towards the bus.

Kageyama stood up, towering above me as I sat below him. "You have a ride home, right?" He asked me.

I nodded.

"I'm sorry." He said softly.

"Don't apologize, you meant no harm. Just don't do it again." I said.

He nodded and looked towards the bus, "See you tomorrow?" He asked.

"See you tomorrow." I say with a smile.

Kageyama disappears around the corner, and I watch silently as his shadow trails behind him.

———————————————

I'm so bored with everything right now help