Chapter 3

I got my license a couple months ago but I've never actually used it. Let's just say my journey to school was painstakingly slow.

When I finally arrived, the school parking lot was illuminated with life and every eye was on the strange car that made an entrance.

I put on my heels and stepped out of the car victoriously. My celebration however was short lived as my heel snagged in a uneven part of the ground and I fell flat on my face.

The parking lot erupted in a fit of laughter as I hugged the pavement hoping I could dissolve into it.

Ah yes, I thought to myself, I will just lay here and die from embarrassment.

Suddenly, I felt strong arms picking me up and lifting me off the ground and cradled my body like a child.

I thought whoever it was would be laughing as well but instead I looked down to see Liam with a frown on his face. He carried me to the nurse's office and laid me gently on the bed.

"Hey Becky, are you ok?" He asks, using his fingers to brush some loose debree from my face.

I was too hypnotized by the concern in his eyes that I couldn't manage to speak so I just nod my head yes.

"Can you talk?" He asks in teasing manner.

I pressed my lips to give him a stink eye but before I could say anything, the nurse walks in. 

"So what's the story this time?" She asked, looking down at me.

Nurse Katherine Gyles and I had a long relationship of me finding new clumsy ways of getting injured and her having a wide array of ointments, creams and medicaments for my ingenuity...I mean injuries.

"I fell in the parking lot." I mumbled. I hide my eyes trying hard not to relive the embarrassment.

She was a feisty nurse who was sarcastic but caring. You really have to get pass the sarcasm though.

"Oh, we have a classic." She said, while putting on her gloves and taking up some equipment to do some routine checks. Her eyes move to Liam who still sits by my bed.

"Who's lover boy over there?" She asked me like he wasnt even in the room.

"I'm Liam Evans, ma'am" he answers for himself. He sounded very polite, completely out of his bad boy persona.

"Oh you're the swim team captain, I've heard a lot of good things about you from coach Nelson." She says with a pleasant smile.

"Thanks, I guess." Liam responded with a smile.

He however didn't get the hint that she wanted him to leave.

"Thanks, for carrying Rebecca here to my office, but I'm going to need her to undress for me to do some checks. You can stay if you would like given that Rebecca here doesn't mind." She says as seriously and as professionally as possible giving nothing away.

Liam and I both turned the colour of tomatoes.

"Well....um, see you around Becky." He says hurriedly before leaving.

I laid back in the bed thinking that I really could die of embarrassment.

"He is kinda cute, you should have asked him to stay." Katherine whispers while winking at me.

I rolled my eyes and groan internally.

After my check up and nurse Gyles rendered me fit to go frolicking once more, she wrote me a note and sent me to class.

I had plot my revenge for him mentally but now I was confused about the whole situation. First he embarrassed me, now he saves me from it. Does that even make any sense? I'm convinced people are weird.