Chapter 2

Two days had passed and Liam was nowhere to be seen. What I heard from the grape vine was that he had a family emergency; so there was no chance to have that "little talking to" I wanted so desperately to have, lucky prick.

Today was however my birthday and I was determined to enjoy it. I walked in to school and was immediately attacked by Anya.

"Happy birthday!" She shouted, blowing a bazooka horn and throwing confetti on me.  She then proceeded to affixed a birthday hat on my head.

My face lit up like the fourth of July.

"Come here." she said, carrying me to the one of the school benches.

"There comes a time in every girl life that she must access her girlie side and in the spirit of friendship and the facilitator I am, here you go."

Why was she like this? I love it.

She handed over a gift bag and I opened the content to see a pink designer hand bag. Anya proceeded to record my reaction.

"Holyshit it's beautiful." I could barely contain myself.

"The handbag is from my mom, you're the only friend she likes, something about being a good influence and blah blah." Anya said smiling.

"She shouldn't have, this must have cost a small fortune." I replied.

"Nah, it was on sale on at Macy's." She retorted with a goofy grin. "The make up kit and the teddy bear are from me."

I was tearing up. I was rendered speechless. I stretched out my hand to hug her and she reach out to return the hug.

"Thank you so much, both you and your mom, I really appreciate this." I said, tears rolling down my cheek.

It really was one of those, 'it's my birthday and I can cry if I want to clichés.'

I only had one friend at school. I was one of those introverted geeky nerds who didn't have a car or didn't go to parties. I was always in my room reading or watching movies on my laptop.

But Anya had transferred to the school this fall. I had invited her to a study group I was trying to put together and she was the only one who showed up.

We did do some work but even better was the fact that we knocked it off due to our similar taste in old music.

We've been friends ever since.

"Oh hush now, you're being overly dramatic like I gave you a kidney." She tried to point out to me.

"Oh! You know you made me like this!" I squealed in delight.

I finally recovered from the gift giving and we walked to class.

The day ran smoothly, with people occasionally giving me birthday wishes. Even Stephanie ignored me today, thank the heavens.

I still didn't see Liam, I actually started to get concerned about him. I then snorted at myself for the thought. Why was I thinking of him any way.

I got home early cause I knew there would be cake...specifically red velvet cheese cake.

Mom bought it for me last year and it tasted divine! We had come to an agreement that it was the best thing out there even out doing Tiramisu cheese cake.

I open the door and the lights came on. I was greeted with "Surprise!!!" From my mom and none other than my half brother Greg.

"Oh my goodness you guys!" I was shocked and walked into a group hug with them.