Chapter 7

Liam's Pov

Teenagers.

If kids were mean. Teenagers were the spawn of Satan himself.

Puberty changes them physically and mental they are still mean kids with more experience in being absolute assholes.

I started this school with every intention of keeping my head down and finishing as just a passerby.

Well everything changed when I first saw her. Her super curly raven hair was tied up in a messy pony tail. Her hazel eyes were hidden behind metal frames and she was wearing braces.

She was a host of unlocked potential.
Her shoes seemed weathered and her shirts were dull in color meaning they were worn. She was definitely not well off. The braces most be costing her family a pretty penny.

She seemed to not have any friends as I look around no one would go near her like she had herpes.

I wasn't sure what was in my first period, I was new so I decided to ask her where the administrative office was.

"Hi, I'm Liam, I'm kinda new here, do you by chance know where the administrative office is?" I asked, my accent was so pronounced there was no use trying to smother it.

"Oh, I'm Rebecca, it's three doors up on your right. I can follow you there if you'd like." She replied, all while looking at her watch to make sure she had enough time before class.

What made her remarkable is that she didn't comment on my accent at all since she didn't know whether or not I had a problem with it. She seemed nice enough.

"Sure, that's really decent of you." I replied with a small smile while scratching the back of my head. Seems I did that when I was nervous.

She smirked at my response. "Yeah, that's alright. My first day was trash as well, cause I missed orientation."

I wanted to know why she missed it but I decided against it. I'll keep it as light as possible instead.

We walked while conversing all the while making jokes at our own expense. 

"Why haven't you commented on my accent."  I asked her. I was genuinely curious.

She grinned. "Why haven't you commented on mine?" She retorted.

"Touché." I matched her smile. People from different countries don't realize that the opposite is true for people with 'accents.'

We almost made it to the administrative building unmolested. When the most nasal and obnoxious noise to ever bless my ears attacked us.

"Buck tooth Becky, who's the prince?" she asked.

Prince? Well she was a bit far off...

I looked up and saw this blonde hair girl, she was well dressed and she was pretty if you were into "hot" girls. She was on the shorter side, about 5 ft 4 so she wore wedge heels to compensate. In the same way short men drove expensive sport cars to compensate for that which they lacked.

"If you really need to know, he's right there Stephanie, there's no need to ask me." Rebecca answered.

She scolds at her and turns to me.