Chapter 4

I spun around in bed with a toothy grin splattered on my face. Holding my squirtle pillow pet tightly to my chest.

He was such a good looking guy I thought to myself.

I had added him to facebook as soon as my mom gave me my phone back. I also added him on instagram and snapchat too.

"Focus Rebecca," I willed myself to think about the triathlon and beating him instead.

While in the midst of giving myself a mini pep talk, my room door was ajar and my mom came to the door, and stared at me awkwardly.

Oh snap...I smiled at her, jumped up and worked my way into my leggings. Today was my doctors appointment and my mom had left me to get ready.

How did I reach back in bed with only my panties and t shirt on? Well I got distracted by my own imagination.

My mother shakes her head at me. I think she worries about my mental health at times.

"Are you ready now?" She asked finally.

"Yeah, lets go." I said, as I shimmied down the stair case.

We got into the old ford, an hand me down car from gramps. God bless his soul.

He isn't dead, just a free kindred spirit who spends his time traveling across the globe. The last post card I got was from Spain. I think this is his way of dealing with grandmas death, to live a life of no regrets.

The commute was wordless, and we went into the doctors office and I did some blood work and ultrasound.

After the procedure we went into the waiting area for the results. We were watching a twilight rerun when I saw the worry etched in her face.

I sprawled off against my mom lap and she played with my baby hair and caressed my ear. I always found it soothing and I was drifting to sleep when the doctor walks out and called us back into the room.

"Good morning again, So the good news is that what she has can be treated easily, the bad news is she has Taeniasis and she has had it long enough to cause some anaemia."

Tape worms be damned.

We filled the prescription at the pharmacy and made our back home. My phone went off.

"Good morning Becky, could you send me your location and your digits?" He dm'ed me.

I nearly snorted in the car.

Who the heck says digits instead of numbers though? Should I make a finger joke? Nope...let's not weird him out this early in the game...you know what he's going to find out anyway.

"My location? Are you Ted Bundy now?" I responded. Trying to bite back a smile.

"I'm coming to your house to study, if that's ok with you." He responds.

"But my mom is home." I replied.

"Lol, um...so what? I'm coming over to study not kidnap you for worldly pleasure. Or is there a rule against having boys over?"

I thought about it but there wasn't any rule against it if I was being honest.

I've never had a boy over, it was only ever Anya and I. and I was always the one to do the bulk of the work in groups. Bulk meaning all. That's push over buck tooth Becky for you.

"Hey mom, can I have a boy over?" I asked. Might as well get it out there.

My mom pulls the car over to the side of the road.

"Good heavens Rebecca you can't just throw that out there while I'm driving you nearly gave me a mini heart attack." My mom says holding her chest dramatically.

My mom was just in her late thirties'. Heart attack....where?

"Dramatic much?" I responded.

"Don't be fresh with me, who is the boy?" She asked, looking at me intently.

"Remember Liam? He was my lab partner last year, think I told you about him, the British one. He's also going to do the triathlon so he opted to study with me." I replied.

"So you are studying with your rival?" My mom asked again, seeming a bit confused.

"Yeah, pretty much, as much as I hate to admit it, Liam is effortlessly smarter than I am." I said remorseful. I shall never again repeat those words.

"Okay." My mom said nonchalantly.

"Okay?" I eyed at her suspiciously.

"I mean, if he's willing to study with you to prep you for the decathlon, then I have no reason to object. Just don't don't get pregnant." My mom said, with a wink.

"Mom, ugh!!!" I exclaimed. Pregnant? That's the farthest thing from my mind. I've barely been kissed. It was a peck at best and the guy in middle school did it because of a dare.

"You heard me, I said what I said." She answered back.

I let out a sigh and sent Liam my location when I got home.

Half and hour later a car pulls up in my drive way and Liam gets out with a bag pack. He looks and sees my pink mini coop, smirks and rings my phone.

He has on a sweater, boot cut jeans and a Nike sneakers.

I go to the door to meet him, but my mom reaches the door before I do.

"Hello, it's chilly outside, come in, come in." She beckoned, opening the door for him.

"Thank you, Ms Jamieson." He said politely." It's a pleasure to finally meet you." He continued.

"The pleasure is all mine." My mom replied showing him all whites.

I took the opportunity to drag him upstairs before the conversation became awkward.

"Your mom is nice." He said, while taking out the books out of his bag. He also took out a white board, markers, erasers etc as if it was a mini tutoring session. This guy came prepared.

"She is." Is all I could muster, It was pretty nerve racking having a guy in my room for the first time. His cologne drifted through the air and worked it magic. I waved away the impure thoughts and focus on getting my books.

His attitude was no nonsense like mine and I reach for the outline.

"Lets go." He said and I gladly followed him down the rabbit hole.