Chapter 13

(The night of the Dance) (Jin Mori's POV)

Finally, the night of the long anticipated Vytal dance that signals the official start of the Festival.

The students excitedly chat with each other as they headed towards the ballroom in their formal attire.

Yang: Mori you wimp. You have to come out sooner or later, we're going to be late for the dance!

"Alright jeez... just don't laugh."

Mori steps out the hallway. He is dressed in a dark blue suit that perfectly fits against his form, subtly revealing his built form underneath. His normally spiky hair is neatly combed to the side, creating a long spiky bang that trails down the side of his face. On his suit jacket's lapel is a snow white boutonniere accented with red. Because his hair is neatly combed to the side, Coco selected a pair of small emerald green stud earrings to compliment his brown hair. He's also wearing a pair of shades and eating a green popsicle.

 He's also wearing a pair of shades and eating a green popsicle

Yang silently stares at Mori before whistling to herself.

Yang: 'Hot damn Coco! You've really outdone yourself!'

Meanwhile, next to Yang is Blake in an elegant light purple dress that's not too loose or tight. It shows just enough of her figure that it's elegant and classy. Her hair is neatly curled and tied to a bun, and her fingernails are painted with the lightest shade of pink.

Like Yang, she silently stared at Mori with wide eyes.

"These earrings sure feel weird. For some reason, Coco wouldn't budge, saying that I have to wear them, otherwise I'm not complete or something."

Yang/Blake: 'Good job Coco!'

Mori looks down at Blake.

"You... actually look good."

Blake's cheeks turn pink as she smiles.

Blake: Thank you.

The two stare at each other until Yang elbows Mori's side.

Yang: Offer her your arm.

"Oh, right!"

Mori holds an elbow out and Blake gently grasps it, and with that, they finally make their way out from the dorms and towards the ballroom.

???: Who is that guy? He's totally my type!

???: Isn't that Blake? Then that must mean the guy is... oh my Gods, it's Jin Mori!

???: I nearly couldn't recognize him with his new hairdo and earrings. He looks like a total bad boy!

"Do I really look bad?"

Blake: They mean it in a good way. 'If Mori shows his cold blue eyes along with this look...'

As the trio approach the ballroom doors, Yang grins and runs ahead of them in her white dress.