Chapter 15

(Dining Hall) (Jin Mori's POV)

Jaune: It's very official, we're never EVER taking Mori with us on a mission again.

"Why not? What did I do?"

Pyrrha: I thought Ruby and the others were exaggerating when they said Grimm actively avoid you, but this verifies it. Our mission was to eradicate the Grimm terroring that village, but for the entirety of the mission... not a single Grimm was in sight.

Nora shovels some food into her mouth.

Nora: Welth ath leasht thfa fuurd thur wathn't bafft! (Well atleast the food there wasn't bad!)

Ren: Nora, please do not talk with your mouth full. It's bad manners.

Nora simply responds with a thumbs up.

Yang: I wonder why they avoid him... I've been thinking about it since Forever Fall, but I've still got nothing. Unless this is his Semblance. Mori, you have any ideas?

"Uhhhhh... nope? Maybe it's because I'm just too awesome?"

Of course by now, he knows that it's due to his God status. Aside from Blake, no one else is aware.

Yang: Right...

Pyrrha: We've heard that Ruby will be set to leave the infirmary by tomorrow, it's a relief that she has fully recovered.

Jaune: Where's Weiss? Is she with Ruby right now?

Blake nods.

Blake: Ruby missed several days of classes, and Weiss insisted in tutoring Ruby on the lectures missed, much to her dismay of course. Something about not embarassing the team by failing the exams.

Nora: There are only two days left until the start of the Tournament. You sure you four are ready? It sucks that you weren't able to train because of... you know.

Yang: That's potentially a problem, but it's not like we really have any other choice other than to just deal with it.

Pyrrha: Maybe we should group up tomorrow in the training facilities and train together for the day?

Nora: Ooohh, that sounds like fun! I'm in!

Ren: I am sure that it will benefit us all in some way.

Yang: You'll be there right too, right Mori?

"Sure, why not?"

Yang: Your martial arts skills are pretty crazy. Think you can give us some tips? I'll treat you to lunch.

"Deal!"

(Ozpin's office) (Ozpin's POV)

Glynda: Professor, why did you send Mori out with Team JNPR, knowing that full well that he repels the Grimm? Wouldn't this be detrimental to JNPR's growth due to cutting away combat experience?

"True. However, we have more pressing matters at hand than some combat experience gained from a single mission."

He passes a binder to Glynda.

"I need an accurate assessment of the Grimm activity surrounding Vale. An assessment without the interference of Mori's presence."

Glynda glances through the papers.

Glynda: This is...

"It is rather strange, or is it not? The Grimm movements are very odd. Not unlike anything we've tracked and observed over the past several years. Combined with the recent attack on Ms. Rose and Qrow's latest message, I am expecting quite a storm during this upcoming Tournament."