Chapter 3

(Still Jin Mori's POV)

Ozpin:  Due to Mr. Jin's unique circumstances, he will operate as a one-man team. To accomodate the lack of teammates, he will occasionally hop between different teams for class activities and missions, I understand that many of you are concerned about already existing team dynamics being disrupted, but in the field, such changes are normal. It will be up to you and your efforts to adapt this change quickly and effectively as future huntsmen and huntresses.

???: Though he says that, wouldn't him being on a team automatically turn it into a powerhouse?

???: I wouldn't be so sure about that.

The students turn their eyes to the boy in question, who is prancing around Ozpin's hologram and poking at it.

"So they have crazy technology here too?! It's not as fancy as those nano machines but this is still pretty cool!"

Weiss: I can't believe this is the same buffoon that beat Pyrrha.

Yang: You can't deny the results though, no one expected him to knock Pyrrha out of all people.

Jaune: So what exactly happened during the fight? Everything happened so fast, I couldn't see much of anything.

Pyrrha: The simple answer is that I was completely outclassed. Throughout the entire fight, he always felt slightly faster than me. His speed, strength, and technique are all top class.

Ruby: Why didn't you use your Semblance against him?

Pyrrha: He did not use any weapon of any kind and as far as i could tell, he was not using some sort of Semblance. Because of that, I wanted to keep it purely skill vs skill. But I have a strong feeling that even with my Semblance, I would have lost.

Mori runs up to them with his cheesy smile.

"Hey, you feeling alright?"

Pyrrha: (Nods) Yes, thank you for asking. That was final attack of yours was fairly impressive, what kind of martial art is that?

"Renewal Taekwondo, it was invented by my grandfather."

Pyrrha: When you appeared behind me in an instant, was that a technique from your Renewal Taekwondo?

"Yup! It's a movement skill called Bo-bup."

Ruby: How do you pronounce it? Bo... what?

"There's an alternate name which is called Step."

Ruby: Ohhhh.

"Anyways, all of you are pretty strong right? I'm looking forward to when I can fight the rest of you as well!"

Weiss: He's nothing but a meathead with nothing but fighting in his head.

Nora: I approve!

Pyrrha: I'm afraid the fighting will have to wait, come with us. We'll show you around the school as we make our way to the next class.

(Timeskip to Port's Class)

Mori snores with his eye mask on as he's unable to concentrate on the Professor's lecture.

Port: Mr. Jin!

*Snore*

Laughter ripples through the classroom due to Mori's blatant action.

Weiss: Mori! Wake up!

*Snore*

Jaune: I got this. (Throws a notebook to Mori's Head)

When the book bounces off Mori's head, he then jolts up.

"Huh? Wha-I wasn't asleep!"

Ruby: Why was that so natural to you?