Chapter 7

(Jin Mori's POV) (Ozpin's Office)

Ozpin: How can I help you today Mr. Jin?

"Umm, I guess it's alright aside from homework."

Ozpin: *Chuckle* Indeed, that is the worst part of any school. But the knowledge from that is required to function as a Huntsman or Huntress upon graduation.

"Well anyways, I wanted to ask about the big tournament coming up, I can participate right?"

Ozpin: Miss Nikos is without a doubt, the best fighter among her first year peers. At least, that was the case until you came along (Smile). If you are not qualified to participate in the Vytal Tournament, then I fear that no one is.

"Awesome! Ah! Yang told me to ask you about the team portion of the tournament."

Ozpin: Are you familiar with the tournament format?

Mori shakes his head.

Ozpin: The first stage of the tournament consists of team vs team matches. The winning teams will progress to the second stage, where two of their members are chosen to fight in a doubles matches. After that, in the third and final stage of the tournament, it will be the traditional 1v1 you are familar with.

Ozpin then leans back with his fingers interlocked.

Ozpin: As for you, there should be no problem participating as long as you tun as a one man team. However, this means that in the earlier stages of the tournament, you will be at a major disadvantage due to numbers.

"But this still means I get to fight in the tournament? (Grins)"

Ozpin: 'As expected, he does not show a hint of fear despite outlining his handicap.' Yes.

Mori fist pumps.

"I can't wait! I almost forgot, they also told me to ask you about Aura or whatever."

Ozpin leans forward with a curious glint in his eyes.

Ozpin: And what do you mean by that?

"Umm, apparently I don't my Aura unlocked."

Ozpin: Please give me your hand Mr. Jin.

Mori puts an arm out, and Ozpin grasps his wrist before closing his eyes. After several moments, he reopens them.

Ozpin: Your friends are correct, you do not have your Aura unlocked. Would you like me to unlock it for you?

"Sure, I guess."

Ozpin: For it is in passing we achieve immortality. Through this, we become a paragon of virtue and glory to rise above all. Infinite in distance and unbound by death, I release your soul and by my shoulder, protect thee.

Nothing happens.

Ozpin intently looks down at Mori's arm.

Ozpin: Please answer me honestly, you're not from this world are you?

Mori slightly jolts.

Ozpin: I see.

"You're not surprised, why not?"

Ozpin: There are several big clues: The first of which is the fact the you'd appeared on a rooftop on one of my facilities completely undetected. Beacon Academy is quite literally covered in hidden Aura sensors. For someone to scale a rooftop without the usage of Aura, is nearly impossible. Additionally, there is zero footage of you captured by the security cameras.

Ozpin then leans back.

Ozpin: So the question remains, how did Jin Mori end up on the rooftop? There are no public or private records found relating to your existence, and the surname Jin does not exist. As far as I'm concerned, you came from seemingly nowhere. Now, upon conforming that you lack Aura, something that should be impossible, I have little choice but to conclude that you do not originate from Remnant.