Chapter 24

"": Jin Mori/Dan Mori's dialogue.

Italics: Specification or Emphasis.

Bold: Author's quotes in the middle of story.

'': Thoughts of one character or the main character himself.

**: Sounds.

(Reader's POV)

The scene starts on Grimmlands, a land full of hatred, malice, and negativity. Suddenly, a Beowolf emerges from some sort of pool of black substance and lets out a deep growl. Other Grimm emerge from other pools and gather into an area where Salem watches and witnesses.

Salem: It seems that my army is growing faster than expected. I will burn this earth down to the ground until there is none left to build a new one, one that will expect my desires.

A menacing smile adorns her face.

(Timeskip)

The scene changes to the inside of Salem's castle itself.

Salem sits on her throne as her subordinates sit down in a big table, gathered all together. Watts is sitting on his own chair frowning from Cinder's death and her accomplices getting arrested at the same time because of this kid. Hazel is folding his own arm, huffing from boredom. Another person is shown sitting on the chair but his looks cannot be described.

I will reveal him in future chapters as my own OC.

Salem looks at all of them before speaking.

Salem: I am sure you all have heard of Cinder's death because of this Jin Mori. From what I heard from her, he claims himself to be some kind of god. Such arrogance cannot be tolerated, for the sake of our new world. I am the only true god here, and no other being should surpass me. I know how you all feel since Cinder died pathetically from this one kid, but she was just a pawn to all of us after all. So her sacrifice was really necessary, and that is why you don't need to show much malignance, Watts.

Watts: I dearly apologize for my behavior ma'am, but I am not particularly fond of failure.

Salem: I see.

She turns back to all of them.

Salem: About the silver-eyed girl, I wanna hear a piece from all of your minds about dealing with her.

The mysterious person turns his head towards her.

???: If I were you, I would decide to hunt her down and bring her myself.

Watts: I will deal with her when the time comes accordingly.

Hazel just stays silent.

Salem just nods and commands the mysterious person to stand from his chair by motioning her hand upwards.

Salem: Find her and bring her to me, making Haven fall will be easier without her.

With a snap of her finger, the mysterious figure disappears from sight.

(To Oscar Pine)

Oscar wakes up from some kind of vision or dream, ragged breaths heaved before he shook his head and looked outside his window, seeing that it was just sunrise. He exits his room and climbs down the ladder onto the barn, he opens the door as the sunlight blares at his face, making him cover his eyes. He walks out and lets down a bucket under a water pump and begins to pump as water begins to fill up the bucket. He spaces out thinking about that dream he had last night until he realized that the bucket he was filling had overflowed.

He sighs in self-disappointment.

He then digs the ground making a field for planting crops, he pauses and stares into the wilderness as the birds chirp and the wind blows on his clothes.