Chapter 3: Red Handed

Jimin

Jimin

Giggling, I pull Jungkook around the party and the brunet lightens up as the time passes. His nose scrunches up cutely as he holds his hood up with his free hand, bunny ears flopping with every step he takes. I've never seen him so loose and happy. His laughter is contagious and his eyes sparkle behind his glasses.

"Where are you taking me?" He asks breathlessly and I wiggle my shoulders and grin at the freshman.

"To compete in the karaoke competition, of course!" I smile widely at the brunet.

Although he's shy, he perks up at the word, "competition."

"Did you say competition? Like with winners?"

I nod and take his glasses off to clean them. "You're going to help me win, right? I'm very competitive."

He nods and bites his lip. "I'm competitive too."

"Then we'll make the perfect team." I put his glasses on him and boop his nose before grabbing his hand again and pulling him to the room the competition is taking place.

Jin smiles widely at me when he sees me. "Ayy, Jimin! Are you going to compete?"

"Of course." I raise the hand connected to Jungkook. "I brought a little bunny to duet with me."

"Cute." Jin grabs the microphone and makes his way onto the "stage" for the contest.

I look at Jungkook. "Do you like Lauv?"

"Y-Yeah."

"Troye Sivan?"

His face lights up and he plays with the hem of his hoodie, the hood casting a shadow over his closed eyes as he nods.

"Okay, you sing Troye's part and do harmony."

He looks up at me quickly. "N-No. I don't think I'm good enough to—"

"Next up, Jimin and Jungkook singing..." Jin looks at me.

I cup my free hand to my mouth and yell, "'i'm so tired' by Lauv!"

He nods and I drag the bumbling brunet into the open space and I study the pair of microphones before handing the purple one to the freshman.

"Just look at me and it'll be alright. I'm taking care of you, remember?"

"Okay, Jimin. I trust you."

"Good." I flick one of his bunny ears and pick up the golden microphone just in time to begin the song.

I'm so tired of love songs, tired of love songs
Tired of love songs, tired of love
Just wanna go home, wanna go home
Wanna go home, woah
So tired of love songs, tired of love songs
Tired of love songs, tired of love
Just wanna go home, wanna go home
Wanna go home, woah