Epilogue

Arms snake around Jungkook's waist as he goes over some files at his standing desk

Arms snake around Jungkook's waist as he goes over some files at his standing desk. He leans into the hug, drinking up the warmth and intimacy.

"Kookie," Jimin whispers in his ear, kissing his neck. "You work too much. Give me attention."

Jungkook's lips form a smile as he rolls his eyes. Golden Closet Media has been taking off recently, people buying up stocks in record time as if they were limited edition light sticks. Life couldn't be any better regarding his business. The brunet, now raven, is able to comfortably make a living doing what he loves to do—being artistic.

"Mm, I work too much, huh?" He turns around and leans back against his desk, looking down at his fiancé while rotating the ring on his finger. "I thought you loved how much of a hard worker I am. What was it that you said last night? That you were in search for a hard worker and you had an opening they needed to fill?"

Jimin giggles and places his hands on Jungkook's waist. The longer he's been with the younger, the more confident he's gotten. No longer does the raven shrink underneath the intense gaze of the older. Instead, he meets the gaze head-on, challenging the elder to show him who's boss.

The blond rests his head on the raven's chest, humming contently. "You're such a hard worker. You do so well at everything you do. Running a company, being my partner, working out." He squeezes his fiancé's biceps with a giggle before hugging him again. "The perfect man."

Jungkook smiles and picks the shorter male up, kissing him. "What is it that you want to do today?"

"We were invited for a group date with Joon, Jin, Yoongi, Tae, and Hobi. It's at the roller rink. I was hoping you'd want to come skate with us and play some games with us. The loser has to buy dinner."

"Sounds fun. But we're not losing to the others," Jungkook warns.

"Oh, hell no, we aren't. We will not be defeated!" He jumps and kisses Jungkook's cheek before running to get ready.

Jungkook's nose scrunches with his smile and he runs a tattooed hand through his hair, humming contently as he opens a new window on his computer, looking at his old blog. He starts from the beginning, reminiscing at how much simpler things were. He does this every now and then to see how far he's come. But it's been a while since the last time, so everything feels fresh to him.

He grins when an embedded YouTube video plays automatically, an image of him and Jimin looking at their own reflection starting the video. Jungkook's heart flutters as he is once again transported to his youth, reliving one of the most memorable trips in his life, second only to the one he has yet to take, his honeymoon.

"Kookie," Jimin calls. "It's time to go! We don't want to be late!"

The raven chuckles and fiddles with the promise ring stacked on top of his engagement band. He stretches and grabs his wallet, running towards the direction of the blond's voice. As the wind rushes through his long dark locks and beats at his face, he finds himself feeling grateful for his camera and his own clumsiness (with a little help from Yoongi) causing him to spill his food on Jimin that one fateful day. To Jungkook, him and Jimin had to get together when they did.

It was destiny.

Author's Note: I cryyyyyyyyy. This story was so soft despite the smut. I'm gonna miss it, but I'm glad it's coming to a close. If any of you are interested, I have another chapter that was supposed to come before this, but decided to remove. However, I'd like to share it with anyone who's interested as a bonus chapter after the epilogue. Would anyone like that? It'd be a cutie, sexy, lovely chapter. Lmao. If not, I won't bother writing it. Or maybe I'll wait to release it once we've hit 500 reads. 🤔

What are your thoughts on the story?

Make sure to take care and love yourself as best as you can.

With lots of love,

-BBM