Chapter 5: Secret Selfies

Jungkook

Jungkook

"Jungkook, why are you wearing shades indoors... and at night?" Yoongi asks, pointing a fry at me accusingly.

My cheeks puff out and I pull my black bucket hat further down on my head and situate my mask. "I have a headache." I blush under my mask.

"You've been acting weird ever since the party. What's wrong with you? Did you have that bad of a time?"

"No." I play with my hands, images of that night playing through my mind. All of it is just so embarrassing. Jimin knows everything about me that I specifically didn't want him knowing. He saw me so vulnerable, needy, dirty. How am I supposed to face the blond now? It's completely and utterly scarring.

I slam my hands on the table. "I need to go to my apartment. I have homework to do."

Yoongi's eyebrows furrow and his form a pout of confusion. "Okay? Drive safe then. Take your shades off to drive."

As soon as I'm done bidding my farewell, I run to my car and quickly drive to my apartment. Spending all Saturday, Sunday, and today avoiding Park Jimin has been hard. We have so many mutual friends and I typically hang out with Yoongi a lot.

When I get to my apartment, I collapse on my bed and scream into my pillow, kicking my feet on the foot of my bed manically. Everything is just too much and I should probably talk to someone about it, but bottling it up and screaming is a nice alternative I think.

A vibration in my pocket pulls me out of my pity fest and I push my glasses up when I open Instagram to a follow and message request from none other than the source of all my problems: Park Jimin.

ChimChim1013: Have you been avoiding me, my bunny princess? 🐰👑

My cheeks warm up and I groan, fixing my hair despite him not being able to see me.

KookieMonsterJJK: No. I'm a good boy.

ChimChim1013: You say that, but I haven't seen your cute face around campus since before the party. Although I enjoy your "oh" face, I like your cute bunny nose when you smile too.

KookieMonsterJJK: All you do is flirt with me.

ChimChim1013: Can you blame me?

A video call rest comes through and I accept it and blush automatically as I see Jimin wiping sweat off his face with a black towel. He turns the light in his car on and looks in the visor mirror to fix his hair.

"How are you? I just got finished with dance practice." Jimin grins at me.

I swallow at his appearance. "Umm... I..." I exhale shakily, entranced by how his white t-shirt clings to his chest and how the oversized material manages to show off his chest at the time.