Catching Up

Y/N POV

Once we landed back on Earth, Simon, Viral, and I were exempt from prison and returned to our normal lives. For about a week. Simon gathered us to prepare us for the battle ahead. He gathered all the members of Team Dai Gurren in the meeting room to discuss our plan.

"This is Viral, he's gonna be Gurrens main pilot" He explains, "I'm going to have him attend our mission planning sessions from now on"

"I don't expect you to simply let bygones be bygones" Viral says, "That being said, I want to make one thing clear. Humans aren't the only ones who want to protect the Earth.

"We'll look at you being all modest and stuff" Kittan jokes, "You don't have to beg and scrape. You were hand picked by Simon. That makes you the same as the rest of us"

"We're about to launch a frontal assault on the enemy's stronghold" Yoko explains while fidgeting with her sniper, "We don't have time to worry about the small things"

"Some of us haven't changed a bit" I say, "Even after completely disappearing for 5 years"

"Goodness whoever do you mean Y/N" Yoko asks sarcastically

"I thought you said you weren't sweating the details" I retort

"You humans are...interesting" Viral says

"That reminds me, has anyone seen Rossiu" Simon asks

"Rossiu is hammering down the Human Restoration plan. He's left all mission planning to us" Leeron explains before putting on gloves that allow him to access a screen to plan our attack

"This is the result of all our cumulative data. The Earth Spiral race flagship currently in orbit, the Cathedral Terra. It was stolen by the Anti-Spiral and disguised as our moon. Gurren Lagann. Arc-Gurren. Cathedral Terra. The thing that brings out the potential of each is Spiral Power. That refers to the power of evolution present in us lifeforms possessing a double helix genetic structure." Leeron explains however most of us weren't paying attention or just didn't get it

"To put it in simple terms, it's fighting spirit" Leeron sighs as we all magically realize what he's talking about, "It appears as thought the Anti-Spirals were Spiral Lifeforms just like us. However, they believed that continued use of this power would lead to the ultimate destruction of the universe. When Nia said that the Spiral Nemesis will bring about the destruction of the universe, she probably referred to the Spiral Nemesis as the destruction of the universe. However, the Spirals failed to put down the Anti-Spiral rebellion and were defeated. But why did that happen you ask? It's because they hid their stronghold somewhere in a universe with a different set of dimensional axes. They then built Spiral lifeform Annihilation systems nearby each of the Spiral races homeworlds. The Spiral races were forced to eke out a meager existence underground in order to survive"

"What's the story with the beastmen then" Yoko asks, "Or the surface animals?"

"We're all beings created by the Spiral King. Our reproduction is done entirely through cloning"

"What does that mean?" I ask

"They don't have Spiral Power so they can't have children. The genetic diversity resulting from gamogenisis is the key to evolution. It's that that keeps Spiral Power moving forward" Leeron explains losing us all again

"In other words, it means love changes the universe" Leeron sighs as we all understand again

"As we speak, they're focusing on the construction of a scanning system on the Cathedral Terra." Simon says, "Well find their stronghold no matter what"

"That's also where we'll find Nia right" Yoko asks

"Uh yeah I guess" Simon responds

"Come on don't be embarrassed. Love changes the universe remember" Yoko jokes again, "So I say let's  change it. Whether it wants to or not"