The Anti Spiral

Simon POV

"I will say again. The Humanity Annihilation System has been activated" Nia says

"Is that Nia" Kittan asks

"Rossiu what's going on" Y/N says as runs into the control room

"Hurry pinpoint the transmission origin" Rossiu commands

"It's no use! It's using an encryption ive never seen before" Cybela says

"Find a way" Rossiu says

"ROSSIU! WHERES NIA" I shout

"That's what I'd like to know" he responds

"She's not answering her phone" I say, "Is that really her saying that shit"

Suddenly every screen broadcasting the message shut off

"It shut off" Kittan says

Y/N POV

As everyone is left in a panic, Kittan, the others and I are tasked with answering distress calls

"Yeah" Kittan says over the phone, "Just trust your friendly New Government Counil!"

"You want us to compensate you for your house that burned" I ask, "YOU DUMBASS!!! GURREN LAGGAN WAS FIGHTING TO PROTECT THE CITY!!!"

"What's going on in here" Dayakka says walking in

"WHERE YOU BEEN!" Kittan shouts

"The citizens are nervous about that declaration of war and are lighting the distress phones up" I say, "So Rossiu has us in here taking em. Later he'll have us going out and calming the public"

"I'm getting more calls about smashed houses then nervous citizens" Zorthy grumbles, "Everyone's real attached to their new lifestyles"

"Where's Rossiu now" Dayakka asks

"Considering how to handle the situation" I respond

"He just wants us old timers in here taking the boring ass calls" Kittan says

"That sounds like Rossiu to a T" I respond

Rossiu POV

"It's a success, we've activated the Bio Computer" Cybela says as I enter a classified room

"Good Work" I say, "Everyone leave the room, please"

Everyone leaves, leaving me alone with the bio computer

"Now then, this time, you're going to tell me everything" I say staring at the disembodied head of Lordgenome that I recreated from his DNA, "Tell me all the secrets of this world. Wake up. Lordgenome"

Y/N POV

We were let off from taking calls. Katrina said she'd take care of the bar so that was good. I walked back to my apartment and walk in to see my shit everywhere. Empty Cup Ramen cups everywhere, empty cigarette packs and beer bottles scattered around, my couch with inexplicable stains and holes, dirty pots and pans filling my sink. Truly pathetic, but hey it was home. That's a lie, this wasn't a home. It was a shit hole of a place. I placed some water to boil on the stove for Ramen before going to change into more casual clothing.

I walk into my room and see clothes all over the place, an unmade bed, and an empty pizza box. I dig through my drawers and manage to find a shirt with no stains and a pair of underwear. I walk back into the kitchen and pour myself a cup of ramen, a cold beer, and a cigarette. I plant myself in the couch and turn on the TV.