𝟢𝟦 | 𝖡𝖾 𝖪𝗂𝗇𝖽

┍━━━━━━━✿━━━━━━━┑
𝘐 𝘥𝘰𝘯'𝘵 𝘬𝘯𝘰𝘸 𝘸𝘩𝘺 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘩𝘪𝘥𝘦 𝘧𝘳𝘰𝘮 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘰𝘯𝘦
𝘈𝘯𝘥 𝘤𝘭𝘰𝘴𝘦 𝘺𝘰𝘶𝘳 𝘦𝘺𝘦𝘴 𝘵𝘰 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘰𝘯𝘦
𝘔𝘦𝘴𝘴 𝘶𝘱 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘭𝘪𝘦 𝘵𝘰 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘰𝘯𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘭𝘰𝘷𝘦
- 𝗠𝗮𝗿𝘀𝗵𝗺𝗲𝗹𝗹𝗼, 𝗛𝗮𝗹𝘀𝗲𝘆 (𝗦𝘁𝗿𝗶𝗽𝗽𝗲𝗱 𝗩𝗲𝗿.)
┕━━━━━━━✿━━━━━━━┙

The routine was broken.

Isadora didn't go on her morning walk. She didn't meditate in whatever space she could find in New Orleans to strengthen her connection to nature. She didn't walk back home to eat her usual breakfast. She didn't prepare herself for her first class.

Isadora was stuck at home, waiting for news if the girl who has become a sister was able to escape death or pain.

When Elijah ran into the compound with Klaus in his arms, Isadora was quick to set up Klaus' bed. She noticed how Klaus had his eyes closed as groans of pain escaped his lips. A wound spread across his chest, as red as the anger the man currently felt.

"What happened, Eli?" Isadora asked, trying her best to keep herself detached from her emotions.

The more emotionally invested she is, the more she will feel Klaus' pain. And if she wasn't careful, she would join him in suffering.

"I stabbed him with Papa Tunde's blade so Marcellus can take Rebekah away," Elijah confessed. "Do you feel any pain?"

Isadora shook her head, her eyes still fearfully trained on Klaus' chest. The darkness in the blade bothered her. And to have it embedded in someone she was connected to made her restless.

"Have you eaten breakfast?" Elijah decided to ask, trying to distract the nymph from Klaus' pain. When Isadora shook her head, Elijah sighed and made his way to her, kissing her forehead. "You must eat, little one. I will watch over Niklaus."

Reluctantly, Isadora left the room, sparing Klaus one last glance before leaving.

She made her way to the kitchen, noticing how the other daywalkers were spread out across the compound, probably standing guard in case someone tried to go after the Mikaelsons again.

She went to the fridge, grabbing a jar of her overnight oats. Her morning goop, as Klaus would call it when he was in a good mood.

As Isadora made her way out of the kitchen, she saw Cami who was just walking towards Elijah. This made Isadora confused. Besides the fact that Cami has problems of her own, being in the same roof as a hybrid with a torture device in him isn't really the safest place for a human.

"Why the hell is Cami here?" Isadora demanded from Elijah as she approached them.

"That's what I wanted to ask," Cami informed Isadora. "Have you found a way to help my uncle?"

"I can try, but first, I need your help," Elijah negotiated.

"I don't have time for games, Elijah. The hex on him is getting worse by the day," Cami said before looking towards Isadora. "Please tell me you found something."

"I'm still doing my best, Cams," Isadora said apologetically. "And even if I do find something, it's bound by ancestral magic from the New Orleans witches. It's going to be hard to negotiate with them without exposing who or what I am."

"My brother has a mystical torture device buried in his chest, and the mother of his child is inexplicably missing. So, I can assure you, I have no time to play any games, either," Elijah intervened.